You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sun's very interesting Quiz

Members,
    "My name is Sundaram. With love, people call me Sun"

Just translate the above in Hindi and find out a Hindi song sung in the same way. (Only the name will be different)

Answer the following:
    1.The song.
    2.The film in which the song is sung.
    3.The name of the playback singer.
    4.The name of the actor who plays the role.
    Song: Mera naam hae Shabnam, pyar sae log mujhe Shabbo kehte hein
    Movie: Kati Patang
    Playback Singer: Asha Bhosle
    Filmed on: Bindu

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want - Psalm 23:1

The answers are

1.The song - " Mera naam hai Shabnam, pyaar se log mujhe kahte hain Shabbo"
    2.The film in which the song is sung - "Kati Ptang"
    3.The name of the playback singer - "Aasha Bhosle"
    4.The name of the actor who plays the role - "Rajesh Khanna, Aasha Parekh & Bindu"

I did not want to give the answer because of some bad experiences with the author recently regarding the quizzes. Then, I remembered the indirect teaching of a sweet friend to forgive everybody no matter what happens, so decided to post an answer to the so-called & the self-claimed "very interesting" quiz.

Hope my answer is correct!

Edit: Juana, when I first saw the quiz, no response was there, but when I submitted my response and opened the thread again to re-read it, I saw your response above mine indicating that you were the first. You are faster than me at ........... Congrats for posting an answer just before me. (smiling)

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy,

Don't understand what you have implied by "You are faster than me at ..........."

Your answer is partially incorrect - "...pyaar se log mujhe kahte hain Shabbo" should read as "...pyaar sae log mujhe Shaboo kahte hein." Do you not know the song?

Juana,

You are faster than me at 'typing'.

It is the quiz initiator' s call to decide whose answer is right & whose answer is wrong, since nothing is permanently right or wrong in this beautiful world!

Smiling once again. I think that admin should permit us to put in some emos to express our feelings and to make forum a bit more lively

Not putting in my favourite quote "no offense or pun intended..." since the ol' fashioned lady's scolding. (Straight face)

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Mera naam Chun chun chun baba sun sun sun, raath chandini main aur tum hello mister how do you do ?

The film Howrah Bridge
    The film made in 1958
    And the actress Helen
    Sung by Geeta Dutt

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ms. Juana and Gypsy have already given the correct answer. Unfortunately, the answer of Mr. Mohan is not correct. Mr. Sun could have asked the Members to send the replies to his e-mail id withing 12 hours, and then he could have announced the result. That would be more interesting and more Members could take part in this interesting quiz.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Thank you, the editor concerned! (smiling)

By the way, why this stepmotherly treatment to response #590109?! Why was response #590109 awarded -5, whereas #590115, #590112, #590098 got -3 each only?

Gypsy,

The forum editor has simply minused the points of each deviating response which were gained through the automated system.

Take care! It is alright to make a few wise cracks and have some light fun once in a while, but you must avoid doing so frequently and taking threads off track.

Now stick to the quiz topic only.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sun,

Partha is right in response #590094. Honestly, what is the point of labelling something as a quiz when there is going to be one and only one correct answer & once given by a member, the answers of other members become redundant? Many of your recent so-called quizzes are anything but quizzes as such & seem to be like opportunities for members to pounce upon to gain pointless points (not referring here to members who give genuine responses. ) Don't give them such opportunities. Organize them properly if at all and I would also suggest you limit them to about twice a month to keep the interest alive in such type of quizzes. Please consider this as sane advice and nothing else.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Members,
    This is time to announce the winners of the Quiz. I purposely did not invite answers to my e-mail ID. Even if I do it, members would post the same correct answer. It may not be interesting to me and others as it is a very simple quiz that can be easily answered by getting into google. Further, many members do not know Sun's real name. This is also to disclose my real name that Sundaram is Sun, and Sun is Sundaram. "My name is Sundaram, With love, people call me Sun.

The Winners - Ms Juana and Mr Gypsy.
    The song is correct as ' Mera Naam Hai Sabnam, Pyar se Lok Mujhe Kahte hain Shabbo" and also "Mera Naam hae Sabnam, Pyar sae Lok Mujhe Shabbo Kahte Hain."

What Gypsy quoted is the start of the song which is correct.
    What Juana quoted is the rest of the song which is also correct.
    So, both are correct with their good answers and are the winners.
    Juana is fast and first
    Gypsy is also fast but a bit late.

Members, Let us congratulate the winners from the bottom of our heart.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

If both the answers (Juana's and mine) are correct, then Juana posted it first, so she is a clear winner.

Congrats Juana! No hard feelings (me enjoyed the little nok-jhonk)

Congratulations Juana and Gypsy on your win!

Sign In to post your comments