You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you believe that 'Every cloud has a silver lining' ?

Life is ever changing. There are happy times, there are sad moments. Sometimes journey of life is smooth, other times full of struggle and hardships.
    There are people who are shattered in difficult times, they lose hope and feel that their destiny is like that and nothing positive is going to happen. On the contrary there are people who are very optimistic and even in adverse conditions hope that bad times will be over soon and everything will be shorted out before a new bright day starts. They strongly believe that bad spells will be followed by a shining sun.
    What is your opinion do you also believe that every cloud is having a silver lining ?
    Yes this is the great saying which really gives a ray of hope for those who have been devastated or shattered with frequent failures and set backs. The God has created this Universe which much balance. Every move of us is being weighed and good deeds are noted. He will keep a check on our bad thinking and bad moves and create a situation which would teach a befitting lesson to us. And those who are not mending ways even after warnings and little punishment then the creator of the Universe has much bigger plans to take task against. So never ever bother if situations go worsen or not favoring. That would the passing period. Take the example of nature and when it rains we feel that the flooding would continue for many days and the doom in eminent. Suddenly the rain stops and the sun rays are enough to dry the land fast and free from wet. So we must be ever thankful to God maintaining the balance in our life.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I do believe every cloud has a silver lining. I also am a firm believer that everything happens fro the best. Even, our darkest moments hide some good behind them.

I have experienced that life is full of ups and downs and do not let little upheavals upset me.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

It's true. Silver lining is nothing but a ray of hope. I would like to recall the quote - 'If wealth is lost, nothing is lost; if health is lost, some thing is lost. If hope is lost everything is lost.' It is just like day and night living together. When day completes its duty, we look upon the night and sure this darkness is followed by light. Ending up the line with my favourite tag - That's the fact of the life!
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Jagdish -

You mentioned a famous quote, one that my dad would often utter. I think the last bit does not belong to the quote - "When hope is lost everything is lost".

The actual quote as I remember hearing it is -
    "When wealth is lost nothing is lost
    When health is lost something is lost
    When character is lost everything is lost"

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Ms.Juana,

You are right. The last line should be starting with 'Character'. I changed the original content to emphasize the importance of word 'Hope'.

Regards,
    Jagdish

First I congratulate the author for raising a really good thread. Personally I firmly believe that throughout our life, we have to face challenges. This is the way, Almighty God builds our character just like an ironsmith makes iron more useful by hammering it.
    I always find that in every challenge/emergency, there is something good/positive is hidden. We have to face the challenge/emergency and utilise the positive aspect of every challenge.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

If the author can read my forum footer which is also concerned with reply to this post. Every thing would pass and normalcy would be restored is the meaning which I have quoted in Tamil.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think that quote more or less relates to viewing the world in more optimistic way. Though not every event can be viewed in positive way. But we have to push ourselves this way. We can't look at the negatives and live the life negatively. We have to see the brighter side of things. That's why it is being called that there is silver lining to every cloud. This is to see the world in half full glass than half empty. I think it means different for different people.

I am delighted with so many quick and veritable responses.

Mohan ji thanks. When I saw your forum footer first time, I paused there for quite some time and tried to remember the beautiful phrase which you have used as forum footer. Probably it was there in the back of my mind somewhere to provide me clue for this thread.

Thanks to other members for adding valuable comments and opinions in the thread.

I am tempted to add that optimism is something like a hidden treasure you have to continuously and relentlessly do efforts to find out without any external help and the reward of all this is happiness and contentment in life without achieving the physical goals.

Knowledge is power.

Yes this quote is a quote on hope and belief.One should n't be disheartened in the worst situation ,if there is sorrow,,there is happiness also in life.If there is weakness ,there is strength.If there is misery ,there is wealth in life.It means every bad situation has some good aspects .There is something good in a unpleasant situation.So one should not be get disheartened in life.

Sign In to post your comments