You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

It is pretty harsh, relax it a bit!

There is restriction in ISC's virtual gift shop that a member cannot send more than one gift to another member in three months time period. Suppose a member crosses 150 k earning mark today, then the member wins a contest or something in the next week, then how can one member send a gift to the member appreciating his/her achievements on both the occasions?

I find this restriction of 'not allowed to send a gift to another member more than once in three months time' pretty harsh! Cannot the restriction be relaxed a bit since no points transfer takes place while sending a gift to another member now? Can it not be made to one-gift-per-member in 7/10/15 days?

Any takers?
    Gypsy,

I see eye to eye with you on this. I am also handicapped because of the restriction, unable to send virtual gifts when conducting multiple contests. If a member wins repeatedly or achieves some major milestone, I cannot send further gifts during that time frame due to the restriction.

Your request has been forwarded to the Webmasters.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Vandana,

Thank you for escalating the issue.

(Glad to know that we see eye to eye on at least one issue)(smiling)

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Due to the restriction imposed, I almost forgot what is ISC's virtual gift shop and what are the gifts available in that shop. We had a car worth 50, we had a gold coin worth 30, we had birthday cakes worth 25, Now nothing seems to be worthy. ISC should go back to the past days and lift the restrictions imposed. Old was beautiful and wonderful.
    No life without Sun ¤

I also agree. Once I organised two contests in two alternate weeks. A Member was selected for award in both contests. However, after the second contest, I could not send her a gift from the virtual gift-shop because of this regulation of ISC. Later I requested the ME to send her a gift on my behalf.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Tuning some of the features in this site has become necessity as we have grown up now. Tony must have designed those feature when we are infant then , so a re jig has to be done in all the sections so that some new features be introduced or existing features be modified for the convenience of members.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

When and why was this limit set? Does anyone have an answer to this? Was this limit always there or was it set because a few members were somehow misusing it?
    Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Juana,

You may raise a fresh query if you are interested to know that. Please do not try to divert the thread from its original subject.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy, I think Juana'a response is an indirect answer to your suggestion to relax the restriction in sending gifts. And due to the same reason, I feel that the admin may be a bit apprehensive about relaxing the present restriction. It is a matter under consideration of the Web Masters now and so I would not prefer to comment more.
    "To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

Saji,

After Juana's Indirect answer (as you interpreted it, I do not agree with you though), you expressed your own views too by the '.....apprehensive...'. As you said that the matter is under consideration of admin, would it not have been better if you had reserved expressing your interpretations and views till there was a need for them to be expressed, if at all?

It is a very simple and straightforward request. The same issue has been faced by others too. A simple yes or no about the relaxation would have sufficed.

@ All:- taking personal digs and digging up old graves to test the DNA through rotten bones was not in a good taste. It has definitely left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Gypsy,

In response to your comment, I'd like to quote the title you created – "It is pretty harsh, relax it a bit!" Creating a new thread on similar lines of a topic that is being discussed would have amounted to breach of forum policies. My thread would have been locked or deleted. The questions are relevant to your request. The limit is there for of a reason, and if we had answers to my questions, the reason for the limit would have been understood. We could then put forth valid arguments in support of the request.

From what I understand when the new Gift Shop was announced, sending gifts became free. Earlier, sending gifts cost members points of the value of the gift and the receivers gained points of the same value. The new feature allows members to send gifts without losing points. However, the recipient stands to gain 5 points for every gift received.

Your understanding that "…no points transfer takes place while sending a gift to another member now." is not right.

Gypsy's point -' No points transfer takes place while sending a gift to another member now' is wrong. Each gift sent or received carries 5 points. A member cannot send more than one gift to the same member in a month. And a member cannot award more than 5 gifts from his account in a month.

This is what the current rule regarding presenting of gifts from ISC virtual shop.

No life without Sun ¤

Many changes were announced when the new Gift Shop was introduced -

1. A member is allowed to send just one gift to a particular member, every 3 months
    2. The maximum gifts a member can send in a week is fixed at 5
    3. There is a limit to the number of gifts a member can receive in a year, and that limit is set at 100

Were these limits changed at a later date?

I am waiting for the decision of admin regarding the relaxation.

This is not a football match where one team has to tear apart their opponent's defence. It is just a plain request to relax the restriction a bit. So, no need to go into an overdrive fellow members!

Gypsy,

I think you are needlessly getting into a dither. I think members are just trying to clarify some things about the gifting feature since this thread is related to it. As you said, wait for the admin. to respond instead of hitting out at others. One must control one's ill temper!

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Vandana,

1. You may interpret it as 'seeking a clarification', which it is definitely not. They are well-informed, have been providing all sort of information and have not been seeking anything.
    2. A simple request for the relaxation is being converted into a football match
    3. I am not hitting out at anyone. It is that the thing is getting rebounded back to the overly aggressive.
    4. I am in no mood to argue with anyone or to prove anybody wrong. Least of all with those who have their own logic & their own definition for anything & everything.

Instead of arguing with anybody or trying to explain the meaning of 'no transfer of points takes place', I will rather wait for admin's decision

Gypsy -

#590289 – Was seeking answers to doubts that I had.
    #590517 – Responded, after painstakingly locating the webmaster's post on the new limits. There was no tactical move or pretence involved.

Since there is a transfer of points as the webmaster's post clearly mentions, I suggest that we ask the webmaster to consider doing away with this feature and allow members to send gifts generously. I do not know if the latter would affect the server or slow down the system, but we can at least suggest it. I do not think there is a need for the receiver of a gift to earn points as well.

Vanadana,

Please mind your language. The words in #590566 do not befit the stature of the ME.

Turning a blind eye to the veiled attacks of others is some sort of politics or economics, huh?

Member Gypsy has the experience of sending gifts. So far, he has sent more than 100/200 gifts to our members, whereas Juana is a member who has just sent only 3 gifts during her entire ISC service. So, Gypsy is well aware of the problems faced by the imposition of restrictions in sending virtual gifts to the members, and Juana not. Hence Juana is not aware of the changes that has taken place. But she raised a doubt to know the restrictions. Nothing went wrong. This thread need not be turned into a battle field.

Even I being a regular member to send and receive gifts, I was not aware of the latest restrictions.

We should wait for the Web Master Tony to come up and discuss about relaxation of the restriction imposed, and lift the imposition if required. I too feel that the restriction is little harsh.

No life without Sun ¤

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

No life without Sun ¤

What about the main issue being discussed? What is the opinion of ISC administration regarding limiting the number of gifts? Is the rule being relaxed?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

No life without Sun ¤

No life without Sun ¤

No life without Sun ¤

This thread is temporarily locked.
    Jeba.

I have relaxed the rules and now you can send a virtual gift to the same person every 30 days. Since the recipient receives 5 points for every virtual gift, we cannot allow unlimited gifts. May be we can consider removing the points part from the virtual gifts and allow sending gifts more frequently.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.