You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Responses selected as best answer should be honoured by ISC Admin

Dear ISC,
    Members do not use the 'Selected as the Best answer' option' properly. The authors and editors don't use it as and when a best answer is posted by a member. To encourage members to use this "Select as Best Answer' button, I suggest that ISC should award Rs.1 CC for the best response selected by the author or the editor. Only one first and best answer in a thread should be eligible for the CC.

Members, What do you say? Do you support my suggestion or reject my suggestion?
    You stated "Members do not use the 'Selected as the Best answer' option properly." Totally agree. It is an often misused feature, especially by new members. I have seen a few members selecting my answer as best answer for no rhyme or reason!

A response selected as the best answer need not necessarily be worthy of cash credits and a response worthy of cash credits may not necessarily be the best one. Further, the author of a thread may decide to give only certain members' responses as a best answer just so that the member gets cc - this can happen with those who have made each other buddies or are referrals. Can authors of threads be considered by the editors to be neutral & impartial? Similar is the case with editors - are the members willing to accept that they are being neutral?

I think we should continue with the existing system of forum editors awarding cc for good responses in any thread, irrespective of whether or not it has been selected as the best answer.

Let's hear others' opinions though on this suggestion.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Each and every ISCian and ISC Editors are considered to be a thorough Gentlemen and Gentle Lady with honesty. I do not think ISCian are such as you indicated. To me, ISC is a family, and all ISCians are my brothers and sisters. I will be neutral in selecting the best answer without fear or favour. I haven't asked more but a mere Rs. 1 as CC for the best answer. I do not think that a good ISCian will misuse the "Selected as best answer' button.

I am sure, Members will support my suggestion.

No life without Sun

If the author who raised the thread and got a befitting or convincing reply from a member and select it as the best answer, the on line editor must give immediate cash credit to that member. Otherwise selecting the best answer key is defeated and the member who responded well does not get the recognition except the mention that his answer was the best.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The Forum Editors can read or study and analyse the thread response as to whether it is really a best answer selected by the author without any favouritsm and award Rs. 1 CC to the response selected as the best answer.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments