You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Indian Television Serials

Why are these Indian tv serials so boring and melodramatic in nature? They show almost useless and meaningless talks except for few dialogues have sense. The story gets diverted so rapidly that by the time you figure out what happened, it reaches to a next new story. One single serial has around 8-10 different stories in them. Instead of ending the series at the right climax they keep on showing the serial continuously. And sometimes that does not make any sense, and eventually, you get bored. They even fight out for small issues. I think to watch such serials are totally waste of time and a complete time pass.

What are your views/opinion on it?
    Some of the observations which I made on Indian serials either Hindi or local languages that , they drag the story and screen play to such an extent, without the stuff or dialogue the character face is shown in long shot, close shot and in slow motion with strange music and that would give wide pep to the audience to keep on the tender hooks. Some of the Hindi serial artists are changed in between and new actor is introduced and those who fail to watch for one day , they fumble on new face and thus confusion galore. And every serial is just for 21 minutes and nine minutes break in four or five installments bring irritation and no viewing pleasure.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Another thing is there are more extended stories/characters and change of actors are still more irritating in serials but I really pity how people are tolerating all these things and still watch as many serials as TV shows.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Unfortunately stuff like this happens only in India. Everywhere else, even in Pakistan the serials have a content.
    I love all American TV shows and some British shows. They are a wholesome package and they throw a rainbow of emotions. Whereas Indian serials nowadays come up with a good idea in the beginning but lack to show them properly.

I found many trailers of these serials immensely interesting. But as the show proceeded, the same cliche' occurs.
    And why on earth do these serials have to focus on joint families this much? No one nowadays live in such families. And joint families aren't fun to live in to begin with.
    I get it, we need to preserve the Indian morals and traditions. But why to show 20 whole episodes for a single marriage? And even a 12 year old could write better stories than these serial writers.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments