You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

ISRO to Launch Record 104 Satellites on February 15, 2017

ISRO's (Indian Space Research Organisation) PSLV (Polar Satellite Launching Vehicle) - C37 is scheduled to launch 714 Kg Cartosat-2 series satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites. The co-passenger satellites compromise 101 nano-satellites - one each from Israel, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E (United Arab Emirates) and 96 from the U.S.A. (United States of America) and two from India.

The PSLV will carry a record 104 satellites in a single mission on February 15, 2017 from Sriharikota Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh. ISRO chairman Kiran Kumar spoke that ISRO is not aiming to set record with each launch but it is aiming at maximizing the capability with each launch.
    This would be another feather in the cap of the scientists of ISRO. The successful launch of 104 satellites of different countries will go a long way to make ISRO a commercially successful venture. ISRO does the launch in a much more cost-effective manner compared to NASA and other space research organisations of the world.

Advance congratulations to the scientists of ISRO!

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I am eagerly waiting tread about or watch live telecast in TV, the successful launch of the ISRO satellite.
    I am also thrilled and anxious as if I am at the workstation of launch.

ISRO has become the most respected organization for this country as their every endeavor is well planned, well executed and result oriented. When the right scientists are at the helm of affairs the results would be on the right trajectory. I am really feeling proud about the achievements so far created by the esteemed ISRO and now they are bracing up themselves to launch 104 satellites in one go and that would be a space exploration for the first time in this big way. Just imagine the prestige of India, the prestige of other countries of whom those satellites were made and to be launched are at stake. My advance best wishes to ISRO.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

India has successfully launched record 104 satellites, including CARTOSAT2 series weather observation satellite. Congratulations to the scientists of ISRO!
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Right Partha, I watched the event live on TV and it is a great moment of pride to our nation. Big applause and a standing ovation to the entire ISRO team who share the success with the nation.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Exploring the world of unknown. The record set by the Indian space research organization(ISRO) is a milestone to capture the market of space research. ISRO once again proved its credibility to the world. My hearty congratulations to the team ISRO and thank to them to make us proud.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

It really felt good to know about this achievement. Hats off to them. I felt a surge of pride that an Indian vehicle was in so much demand by so many countries to launch their satellites! While it was looked on as a record to launch 104 satellites, ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said pre-launch, "We are not looking at it as a record or anything. We are just trying to maximise our capability with each launch and trying to utilise that launch for the ability it has got and get the maximum in return."
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I think this is really good achievement. Few years back England made fun of India on poverty, womens safety, education and technology. It's funny how we manage to progress despite our drawbacks. I am proud to be part of this country. This is really good achievement for many who choose to remain in India, instead of flying abroad chasing money. More power to ISRO and the people who are responsible for India's progress in science and tech growth.

The author should change the heading or this thread should be locked as the satellites already launched and they are put into orbit.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments