You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A room without books is like a body without a soul

This statement has the great meaning and those who are the book lovers would certainly respond and agree with my notion. For those who are lonely and upset with the failures in life, the books are the great morale boosters as they not only impart knowledge but get out of the mess created by challenging moments in life. Some feel that books once read need not be read again. But I feel that every time you read the same book you get different meaning and different interpretations from the same content. What is your say?
    I fully agree. I can't imagine my rooms without books. However, nowadays my wife has started revolting against my proposal of purchasing new books, because it has been difficult for her to find space(?) in all the five rooms of our residence. Even I have forcefully occupied a significant portion of our store-room with my books. So, nowadays I am forced to use tablet to read books.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Great Partha books are the best friend and you are destined to have great time with them.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I agree books are our best friend. One should always have the habit of reading a book no matter what book it is. I love reading books and while I start reading I won't have a track of time. Book is my great companion when I am alone or bored and book takes me to a new world of imagination. I imagine every character and sequences specified in the book. There are movies based on few books but I have never enjoyed those movies as much as I enjoyed reading.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Book reading is almost vanished in the present youngsters as they are very much addicted with the computers and mobile phones without knowing the real benefit of book reading. Late Mr.C.N.Annadurai, Ex CM of tamilnadu told by sitting with a book in hand one can easily round the world. Library going habit is almost vanished in many of us. But there are people still using libraries and reading books with much interest. I have a relative who have a roomful of books in his house irrespective of topics.

Though Mohan said a philosophy about book reading, I responded in open and real terms in plain which is also a fact. But fact has no acceptance in our society. I don't understand why my room and book relationship was deleted. Can the editor explain the reason?
    No life without Sun ¤

Yes, the response was deleted as it was not in good taste. I repeat, not in good taste. The sentence "some interesting .........books can be kept in bed room" is totally an unwarranted response from a seasoned member like you. Let us maintain some decorum and decency and every response need not be funny with rhyme and rhythm.

No further discussion is entertained and members are requested to confine to the main content of the thread.

Regards,
    Jagdish

It is really very unfortunate that nowadays the habit of reading books is decreasing. No media or entertainment can replace books. Books are the best friends. I am saying these realising these facts personally. This is not theoretical speech for me.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Mr. Patro,
    I think your mind is a typical one to interpret the phrase "Some interesting books" in a different sense. Can't there be any good interesting books other than the books you think about and gives a bad taste?

I will name one such interesting book -"How to invite and embrace sleep?" Some Romantic novels are also fall in the interesting book category..

No life without Sun ¤

Books are of many types and how the contents are chosen are purely left to the prerogative of the reader and there is no interference from others.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, please try to understand. It does not pay to be adamant.

Members are requested to carry on with the discussion of the main thread.

"To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

Yes. it is my favourite quote and I too was mentioning it in one of my responses some time back. It is quite natural that a visitor to our house would also try to spot the arrangement of books and the collection we make to analyse our taste. So, any homemaker gives equal importance for the book shelf as given to the kitchen room. Thus, the collection of books and their arrangement reflects the state of our mind.

Mr.Sun,
    I wanted to ignore your responses as action taken by me is quite right. But I wanted to tell you one thing. Think before you pronounce words in real life or posting responses in a public forum. Have courage to stick to your words when uttered/posted. If you feel sorry, admit your mistake. Nothing wrong in it. Don't edit them after sometime. #590830, you have passed derogatory comments against me and also commented that ' it is not expected from an intelligent Editor like Mr.Patro'. Now your response was edited and a fresh response is posted #590849 with an innocent face.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Saji,
    Can you explain in which way I drifted away from the main topic of discussion. I was/am still with the room and the books. I did not move away from the room and books. I really don't understand what was wrong with my thread responses about the room and books. What are the good tasting books and bad tasting books. A book is always a book.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

Since you failed to understand, I will send you a personal mail later today. For decency's sake we cannot elucidate it here any further. Please refrain from making any further responses in this thread related to your own deleted responses.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

• Sign In to post your comments