You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Where is my Thread? Why it is removed?

Removing threads is not really a good sign. Name the editor who deleted it?
    Mr Dan this is Sun,
    What thread? Whose thread? Where thread? When was the thread? How was the thread? A head and tailless post from you? Please don't conserve words. Take time to elaborate your complaint.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

There is no need to be rude and abrupt no matter how brief the text of a thread. You can request nicely for specifics.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Dan,

Could you let us know the topic of the thread in case the URL is not known and we will try to locate it, review it and let you know why it was deleted.

Dan, your thread was deleted as the same was appearing in another site too albeit in your own name. We are not responsible if you have removed it from the other location at a later stage after the thread in question was deleted here.

And what do you mean by 'name the editor who deleted it'? It appears to have a slight stink of threat in it. Do not, for heaven's sake, get so agitated so as to be unaware (or aware?) of what we are saying.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Vandana,
    Dan is not a newbie at ISC. It is strange to see a short message from Mr Dan , a senior member. Hence, I added words of interest. I do not know rude languages. I am always polite with interesting words to read, understand, enjoy and wonder. Sun's other name is Fun.

No life without Sun ¤

Everyone, including editors, please try to understand that if there is a query, we answer it straight and not be too harsh on the person asking it, no matter if it is a newbie or a long term member. After all, we repeatedly do instruct members that they are free to post any queries!

@Saji Ganesh, ISC rules states only that members should not copy paste from other websites. I posted it first here and copied from ISC to the other website. I have no intention to earn anything here. Perhaps, what's wrong with asking the name of the editor?
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan
    The Man With Most 'Ask Experts' Questions.

Dan,
    Don't you think that you should not copy from ISC to other websites?

Jeba.

@Jebaprincy, Its not in the ISC rules.
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan

Vandana,
    The thread is very peculiar, It is not addressed to ISC or any editor in particular. Hence members too can solve the query or seek clarifications. If the member wanted, he could have sent a PM to you or WM or any editor. Experienced old members too play the roll of editors of ISC.

The editor who deleted the thread could have sent a PM to Mr. Dan explaining the reason for deletion. Let ISC respect the senior members, not treat them as newbie or ordinary members.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Dan,
    Anything you post at ISC becomes the property of ISC, and no one has the right to copy it and paste it on to any other site including the author of the post. It is illegal and inappropriate. Also you cannot copy and paste items from other websites into ISC sections or give a link to external sites.

No life without Sun ¤

Dan, there is nothing wrong in asking the name of an editor or asking which editor has deleted or approved a thread but a plain reading of your thread in total certainly, I feel, gives a different impression and that is the reason why I chose to make a special mention about the same. No offence meant.

Your response at #590774 is quite surprising. You are quite senior here and must be aware of copy right violations, if I am not mistaken.

Can we close the thread if you are convinced about the reason for rejecting your thread? Let us not draw all connected matters into the same ground.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

@Sun, I won't copy from ISC hereafter. But you can't stop people from copying from a website. "give a link to external sites" - ISC allows to link to appropriate and well known website.
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan

Dan,
    There is no need to tell each and every online ethics here in ISC. It is not other people copied your work here. You yourself copied. Is it right thing you do? ISC reserves right to take action on such case.

Jeba.

@Jebaprincy, "Is it right thing you do?" ISC only insist members not to copy text into ISC from other websites. There was no rule stating that copying from ISC into other website is not allowed.
    Cheers,
    M.K.Dan

Dan, read the first paragraph of http://www.indiastudychannel.com/general/Copyrights.aspx
    Jeba.

This is ridiculous. A member has posted a query and the editors jump in a group to him like Hungry wolf! Look at the tone of editors as they are the Boss. If you have to post here you have to bow down to them.

In one way they tells members not to group up but look what they are doing? Isn't one editor is sufficient to answer the query?

Jeets, In what way you are finding the tone is different. Dan's query was answered in #590764 itself. But is he satisfied? Read then #590772 . Then further explanations given.
    Jeba.

Jeba, you are talking as if the ISC editors are born with having butter on their mouth. You editors are the King and Queen in ISC you can't find fault on your tone but other members.

Everyone, just stop this back and forth verbal duel please that is taking the main topic out of focus. I am having internal discussions with the editorial team. I am closing this thread now and will contact Dan directly if he still wishes to clarify anything further.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.