You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Are virtual world friends more friendly and caring than the real world friends?

Do you feel a virtual friendship is a more caring one than real friendship? Express your views on various aspects of real and virtual friendships in this forum thread.

What's your opinion and what're your views? Do you think that in the present world, friends in the virtual world are more friendly and caring that the friends in the real world? If yes, why is it so? What could be the probable reasons for the same?

Are the virtual friends knowingly or unknowingly creating gap between the friends in the real world? How safe is it to trust virtual friends?
    I think virtual friends may look friendly and caring because they don't know the person and his past closely. So they try to only pass on the positive vibes. Otherwise virtual friends if know the person with same intensity as the offline friends, then chances are they may behave the same way. So this is purely because of lack of face to face interaction. I have rarely seen people who can get along in real life based on their virtual friendship. A lot of people have their expectations turned out to be false. Online they can get along with topics of religion, politics and stuff. but offline they may not get along.

I think it's all about what type of projection you're emitting on others. If it's something positive then they are going to get along with that. If not then they are going to be reacting the same as the offline friends. That's what I have found most of the time. It may not be same for many though. Different experience and set of people gives different conclusion.

There is an advantage in virtual friendship. If there is any difference of opinion or verbal duel or spat, we can simply ignore and continue our journey in the virtual world. But this may not be possible in case of real world friendship. In the real world, it may not be possible to avoid anyone so easily.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Since there is no one to one meeting of friends in the virtual world and we are just carried away by the messages, stickers and likes, it is not possible in the real world as we are bound to meet the friends personally and we cannot escape the good and bad times. It is always easy to praise and sing a good song for the unknown person. But it is not possible for us to sing praise and say worthy words when some one present in person. By doing say the other person thinks that your over describing him probably to seek some favors the next moment. So these are the problems in real world.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As mahesh said, even I feel virtual friends appear to be friendly because of the lack of face to face interaction. When it comes to sharing some personal problem or seeking any help, we first think of real friends only than the virtual friend. One cannot trust virtual friend blindly and share all the secrets to him. Only when we have the face to fact interaction with virtual friends, we will know how the person is and we will know the reality.

In sharing feelings ,virtual world friendship has a limitation.On the other hand real world friendship has no limitation.
    Virtual world friends interact only with individual friend .On the other hand real world friend interact with the whole family of the friend.

Give a man a mask, he will show you his true face. That's what social media is all about.
    We talk to complete strangers in Facebook, Twitter, Tinder etc..;
    I think I have a very good Facebook friendship with people. And they are way more real than my real friends. It's because you can say anything to a stranger.
    In my life, my virtual friends play an equal role as my real life friends.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

A lot of interesting questions here on one thread about friendship!

Do you think that in the present world, friends in the virtual world are more friendly and caring that the friends in the real world? If yes, why is it so? What could be the probable reasons for the same?
    - I think it is not correct to label somebody as more caring than another, virtual or real. A friend is a friend. There may just be certain kinds of limitations on the caring attitude, such as not wanting to be too involved in a particular type of situation despite being a friend. Meaning, perhaps the friend does not want to seem too intruding and hence may not really express a caring attitude, but simply care in a silent manner.

Are the virtual friends knowingly or unknowingly creating gap between the friends in the real world?
    - When bonds of friendship are strong, absolutely nothing can create a gap in it. You may or may not want to inform your real friends about a virtual friendship and vice-versa, but that should not hinder the real friendship in any way should it? Neither not revealing the details nor dealing with a virtual friend should affect real life friendship, especially if the latter is a long term one. Don't let go of it!

How safe is it to trust virtual friends?
    - I would say you should neither trust a virtual friend 100% nor mistrust 100%. My views are here.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Based on my experience I do not find much difference between virtual and real friends with whom we used to meet physically quite often.

I do agree virtual friends are rare to find whom we can compare them with our real friends but ultimately friends are friends no comparison, once a friend whether virtual or actual will remain a friend forever.

Trust have a different meaning for different people but friends are always there whether virtual or real to share as long as we have a faith in them.

Sign In to post your comments