You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Is that a policy change or a bug?!

While trying to visit the social hub page without logging in at ISC, I encountered a problem. It threw up an error, screenshot attached.

Has it been done as a policy change or is it due to any tech issue/bug?
    Gypsy,

It seems to be a bug. Access to the social hub was not available since the evening of 16th and I too kept getting the error message. I informed Tony Sir about it on 17th. For a brief while yesterday it was working, then again it was inaccessible and even just now when I tried it was not working. Since the Webmaster is busy with other things, he may take time to fix the problem.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

It is not bug. After the introduction of new templates there are many things like this which we come across only when we use it.

I think technically, the coding needs to be changed a lot but after this introduction, I believe, to introduce each and every thing what we used earlier may be difficult.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I was able to access the Social Hub just now. Please check it out.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I got the error message again while trying to access social hub in a logged out state, though was able to go to the social hub page in a logged in state.

@Saroja, I I have been accessing social hub without logging in at ISC till yesterday. Hope you understand what I am trying to say!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

What Saroja says is correct. Not all features previously available can be accessed after the introduction of the new template.

It is not just Social Hub, a lot of other sections show a similar error message if an attempt to access them without logging in is made.

@ Vandana - Are you able to access the section without signing in? I think the problem occurs only when you are not logged in.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I too tried to find out the fact of the complaint from the member. Yes. It is true. I am not able to get into social hub without being logged in. The error message appears, not the social hub. I strongly feel that this is a bug where a member cannot get into social hub without being logged in. This means - Social hub is not for the outsiders.
    No life without Sun ¤

Juana, I do not think what Saroja is saying is correct. I was able to access the social hub page without logging in at ISC till yesterday. So, until there has been a policy change since yesterday evening, it has to be a tech issue!
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

ISC,
    At 1244 hrs I tried and failed to get into social hub without being logged in. The bug persists.

No life without Sun ¤

Gypsy - Well, I have not been able to access a lot of sections when not logged in. And this has been going on for quite a long time.

There is also a problem of getting logged out, without actually logging out. Which is how I connected the two. My experience has been quite in contrast to yours.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

It has been set right now. I can access the hub page without logging in. So, basically it was a tech issue.

Thank you, Tony!

The thread may be locked

Gypsy,

Thanks for reporting. The issue is resolved now.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.