You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

An ode to Indian soldiers

India is a non-martial country. Soldiering is not considered a lucrative profession in the country. Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force are the voluntary armed forces. Conscription is not in vogue in India. Indian armed forces work under the political and executive authorities of the country.

On the other hand, Indian armed forces have to fight unfriendy and belligerent neighbours in the vast and difficult borders of the country. Indian Navy and Coast Guards have to protect a very vast meritime boundary. Within the country, armed forces have to fight against terrorists and their sympathisers. They have do it with utmost care to minimize collateral damage.

Over and above, Indian armed forces have to face short-sghted, vote-hungry politicians who don't bother about casualties suffered by armed forces personnel. Not only this, some people residing in India simply don't know anything about nation-state and the painful history of the country. They criticize the country and its armed forces under the garb of liberalism.

No other country's armed forces have to function against so many odds. However, simple-minded Indian soldiers go on doing their duty to the nation. They go on protecting the nation from external enemies and internal enemies.

An appropriate ode to the great Indian soldiers:

"Ye safar bahut hain kathin, magar,
    Na udas ho meri humsafar".

(Translation: The journey is very tough; But Comrades, don't get disheartened.)
    I agree with the thread posted by Partha Sir Indian Army faces hardships of level which normal humans can't even think of bearing. From borders od Siachin glaciers, to the most dangerous desert of Rajsthan and rain forests e.t.c. but still whenever we meet them there glowing and smiling faces always inspires us.
    And ode dedicated here well suits the situation and hardships faced by our brave soldiers.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Nice to see heartfelt support to the armed forces and I also join in this saga. When I was young, I was very much interested to join Air Force and even attended recruitment office but was rejected for sweating in my palms. Here what I pin point that when so many people like me would have been interested to join the armed forces and serve the country, the recruiting procedures not seems to be transparent and we invariably find people from North are getting jobs easily. Nevertheless our regard and pride to the soldiers would never decrease nor desist. We are proud to have a performing armed forces much to the acceptance of the country.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

" Aap hai hamaare roj ki praarthana mein,
    Sochthe hai hum din din aapke bare mein,
    Aur thookte hei unhi ke oopar,
    jo phekte hai paththar aapke oopar".

Here is the Ode from my side
    Hamarey Tammnah , Hamarey kwaish sab aap ke saath judu hue hain Sainikon
    Agar aap jara bhi root jao humse, humlog kahin ka nahin rehenge mithron.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ode from my side
    Maut aur husn ko jo ki rushwa kare wo javani jo khun me nahati nahi
    Aaj dharti bani hai dulhan sathiyo ab tumhare hawale watan sathiyo
    Kar chale hum fida jano tan sathiyo ab tumhare hawale watan sathiy9

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Ode from my side
    " khuun baha kar simao par,amar chain ka ful khilaya, apne prano ki bali dekar, bharat ma ka man badhaya "

My ode to our soldiers in Tamil

"Achcham Enbathu Madamaiyaada
    Anjaamai Indian Udamaiyadaa
    Aarilum Saavu, Noorilum Saavu
    Thaayagam Kaappathu Kadamaiyadaa..."

(Fear is the Folly
    Mighty Indians possess Hardihood
    Death can be at six and at hundred
    Our duty to safeguard our Motherland)

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments