You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

My vote has power and to vote is my duty

We are the largest democracy in the world. Every citizen above 18 has a right to vote irrespective of religion, cast and gender. We vote and choose a Government. But after we vote our right ends. After a Government is formed most of its time is consumed in affairs not related to Government. Our chosen representatives pay no attention to our problems.
    As a citizen what do you think we should do to make them accountable.
    India is the largest democratic country, it is true. Anybody above 18 years can vote and elect their leader. A voter has to vote according to his thinking who is the best among the contestants. What are the aspects we have to look into it for casting a vote in one's favour. Somebody says I will vote for my caste, another will say I will voter for my friend and many says I will vote for the person who gives me money and alcohol. This is the awareness in the voters. When you have voted by already getting a favour from him you don't have any right to question him. Hence I feel there should be change in the voter's mind. Otherwise we can't make them accountable.

Sign In to post your comments