You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A Proverb That Changed Your Life Completely

We have been listening to various numbers of proverbs since our childhood. And many of them have touched our lives. What people mostly do is, read it and forget it. But there are some who not just read it but also apply it in their life.
    So which is that proverb that has changed your life entirely. Do share the saying and if you want (not necessarily), you can even share your story with us. Let us share something very positive and spread positivity all around us.
    Yes. I have a proverb that I strictly follow. The proverb is " Debt is the worst poverty". I have heard the phrase -The King Ravana of Srilanka worried like a person suffering from debt." So, debt is a very serious thing in life. I have vowed not to take any loan from someone or give any loan to someone. To buy anything, I save money and buy it. If someone asks me any loan, I politely deny saying Sorry. I have seen many of my relatives and friends suffering by giving loan and taking some loan. A few suffered by taking vehicles on loan and suffered due to their inability to repay the EMI amount.

I live with what I have. I am not greedy or crazy of things. I smile without any loan to my account. I move freely without anyone threatening me to repay any loan amount. I don't get notices from anyone. I am always cheerful without any thought of the word "Loan"

I stopped using my credit card as I faced problems. I use only my debit cards.

So, Never ask for any loan, and also never give any loan to anyone. I might help with some sum, but never as a loan.

No life without Sun ¤

The one proverb in Tamil " Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum" has really impressed me and that is the forum footer I have mentioned as permanently. The meaning is very strong and interesting. Every one of us go through the ordeals of life and some face the challenges again and again and at one point of time them get very dejected. And this proverb says that bad period are about to vanish. If we translate this in Hindi, it would be " Yeh bhi Taljayega". I think the members go it right. What a wonderful three words which gives lots of boost and energy to self and get on with the new challenges and move.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The proverb "Let the barking dogs bark and sleeping dogs sleep, you do your the best." My father used to say this. He meant to say that one should not care for criticism, but he/she should give his /her best. This proverb guides me a lot. When I motivate adolescent girls and underprivileged women taking vocational training to be self reliant, they narrate that no one helps them. Their family members say that they don't have the potential to do anything, that they live inside the house and do only house hold jobs. Then I tell them to take the training and prove themselves and repeat the proverb 'Let the barking dogs bark and sleeping dogs sleep'. I see the changes in their lives. This Proverb always gives me strength.

I belive in - 'Knowledge is power' - and that is the tag line I have used as forum footer. This is the proverb I liked since my college days.

Many people who do not pursue knowledge become ignorant to lot of important information as well as lack in most of the skills and techniques which automatically come to others who pursue knowledge.

Acquiring knowledge is a serious affair as it requires concentration, focus, patience, study and analysis.

When we study we read a lot of material but everything is not to be absorbed. The things which have some gravity and essence are to be understood in its true meaning and to be retained in form of knowledge.

Knowledge thus aquired becomes a powerful thing in the hands of that person and he can use it in opportune times for taking decisions and even benefiting from it.

Knowledge is power.

The proverb which influenced me most was "Be whatever you want to be, but don't be sympathetic." One of mine friend said this to me in a casual way when i was suffering from exam phobia during my collage semester. It has been six years, but still it make me feel strong whenever i feel exasperated and disappointed. This was the best line which i had implemented in life.

I like the following :- "You cannot see the picture when you are in the frame."
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

• Sign In to post your comments