You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

I really appreciate the alertness of ISC forum Editors.

Dear ISC , its Editors and Members,
    I really appreciate the high alertness of the ISC forum editor. Today (28 Feb)morning at about 0930 hours, I raised a thread suggesting the use of short names for ISCians to avoid any misspelling of names. After pressing the submit button, and before I could turn back to the forum index page, the forum editor has acted so fast that I could not believe, and the thread was shifted to the 'Deleted' section within no time. I really appreciate the way the editor does his best job of deleting a thread with no time to spare. An unforgettable event that I will remember forever in my life.

The editor could have allowed the thread for discussion to invite the opinion, views and comments of ISC members on the subject post, when we can discuss a lot of unnecessary things at ISC.

Also, I wanted the thread on ISC race course and Jackpot to remain open for the announcement of results tomorrow in that thread itself. The editor locked it in a hurried manner. He could have waited till tomorrow.

I don't understand why our editors are in a hurry to delete and lock the threads.
    Thank you Sun for the kind words of appreciation! Hope such comments inspire all editors to keep up their good work. The thread in question has been now approved after considered editing as deemed appropriate. The action has been taken after internal discussion and does in no way set a precedent that a query from the author will change the fate of a thread.

Regarding the jackpot thread, it was locked after the deadline. If you wanted to announce the results in the same thread, it should have been specifically mentioned.

I am locking this thread now as no further discussion in this connection is solicited.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.