You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Mission patriotism : A burning question

Gurmehar Kaur a student from Delhi University forced to leave Delhi. This is out of patriotism debate. The controversy over her one year back video in which she produced a thought that Pakistan did not kill her father, the war did. That was her thought. In consequence of that, she threatened with rape, kill, abuse her and this is done by the So called patriotic. These So called patriotic people don't know that they are in the democratic nation.

My question is:
    Are they really patriotic?
    Is our patriotism limited to PAKISTAN only?

Why are we not showing patriotic character in keeping our country clean in all respect?
    It just horrible.
    It is time to keep our Mission patiotism on right track.
    Prasanna your have raked up the present burning and trending issue on the internet and there is hot debate going on. First of all I fail to understand as to why the students are raising non issues inside and campus and calling non state actors to deliver lectures on sensitive issue against the National interest. You know the active students union under various political parties are present in shadow inside the campus and little provocation from any group is enough to flare up the issue. Gurmehar Kaur is not speaking on her own. She has been guided and helped by vested interest in politics to defame BJP and PM Modi. So when the question of National interest comes no one can take the country for ransom. I am of the opinion that students must concentrate on studies and never involve in National issues unless and until they qualify and stand on their own. Otherwise this year seems to have gone waste.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan Sir,
    As I know the leader to whom we know now like Arun Jaitley, Nitish Kumar, Lalu Prasad, etc. were active in their student politics. So what happen now? Let it be this is not my question.
    My question was that patriotic(so called) person threatening to their own country girl of rape. Are they patriotic? Who they are to give a certificate to others. This our countrymen/countrywomen should question to their soul and ask Are they on real track of mission patriotism?

Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

Mr. Prasanna: You have asked a question, the answer of which is known to every right-thinking person. The people who have threatened and intimidated Gurmeher Kaur must be identified and punished. There is no doubt about it. But what about those who heckled Tarek Fatah when he went to purchase Urdu books at 'Jashn-e-Rekhta' festival? What about those who did not allow Shazia Ilmi to speak on triple talaq at Jamia Millia Islamia? Have the MP and MLA who physically assaulted Taslima Nasreen been punished? Has the religious leader who issued a fatwa against the Prime Minister been arrested? Who will reply? More importantly, have you ever demanded?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

It is really sad that people are playing politics with the innocent girl whose father is the Martyr and the issue flared up unnecessarily with the tweeting of Icons in various fields and now the girl wants to continue studies and no one should disturb her.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments