You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

The word None is the abbreviated or simplified form of No One. Do you agree or disagree?

Members,
    According to my analysis and study of English, the word 'NONE' is a simplified form of combining the words "No & One ( No one)" Do you agree or disagree? Let us discuss this English issue.
    In English most of the long words have become short for the convenience of writing and understanding and may be No one also became none in that race. The greatness of this language is that what ever innovations are made and followed in large numbers, that becomes acceptable as a whole. So whether we agree or not is the case, we have to sail with water and thus none is accepted and no one would be used less. And I future I fear many English words would be shortened and the way the sms langauge is getting famous in chat across the internet world. sooner or later we would be forgetting the regular words too and giving way to short cut words.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    You have said - "In English, most of the long words have become short for the convenience of writing and understanding" Can you provide some words that have been shortened like No one as None?

No life without Sun ¤

For example As soon as possible as become ASAP, For Go ahead we are using GA, For Hugs and Kisses many are using apprevated words H & K. And just for fun is written as J4f and so on.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments