You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can't find an apropriate cage to catch parakeets

We are advancing rapily. New technologies are coming to the market and life is becoming more and more smooth. But, with the advancement of civilisation, we are losing various simple things for enjoyment. As for example, during my childhood days, the common flute-sellers used to carry many different types of flutes and wind instruments. But nowadays, common flute-sellers in Delhi only sell wooden flutes of varying lengths. We don't get flutes of different varieties. However, I must mention that earlier (before and after 2010 football World Cup), there was a craze for vuvuzela, the wind instrument of South Africa which emit terrible sound. But fortunately this vuvuzela is no longer popular.

Now, with the advent of spring, the mango trees in our locality are full of parakeets. As always during the absence of my wife, my mind is now full of innovative ideas. Day before yesterday, I planned to capture two parakeets from the giant mango tree in my compound. Yesterday and today morning also, I searched nearby markets very thoroughly to find appropriate cages for catching wild parakeets. But it is a great regret that I could not find even a single appropriate cage in any of the local markets. Bird-catching net is also not available.

I am very dejected. What sort of advancement is this? In the big city of Delhi and in the posh South Delhi residential areas, I can't find cage for parrots or parakeets! I have to shelve my plan of keeping parakeets as pets.
    Common Partha since you are free and having time for bird watching and even catching Parakeets, it does not mean that there should be cages available to keep them inside. By the way catching the birds is not legal and it is against the law. And keeping them in cages is still punishable offense. So leave them to the nature again and just enjoy the nature from far and near and never ever touch their privacy to live. I know you might have offended with this advise, but we should not interfere with birds and nature and caging them is the big offense and wont go nice with the educated people like us.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: I have already mentioned that I have to shelve the plan of keeping parakeets as pets due to non-availability of cage or net in the markets.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments