You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

We Salute Thee - O Indian Woman!

You are the sweet little princess
    Who fill the home with laughter and joy.

As you grow innocently
    You become a victim of heinous acts.

When you revolt boldly
    You are branded as an arrogant.

You are the maker of the society
    As you give birth and mold its future citizens.

You are the best caretaker of your family
    Who love working 24 by 7 with affection.

You struggle with life and strive with patience
    You are the epitome of strength and sacrifice

We Salute Thee!
    O! Indian woman!

On the occasion of International Women's Day - March 8th, I made a small attempt by way of writing this self-written poem to pay tribute to Indian women and the women across the world.

HAPPY WOMEN's Day!
    A very nice poem written by the author dedicating to all the women.
    Happy women's day to every women around the world.

Wow the transition of a girl child to the situation of challenging woman has been well authored with a nice poem giving a befitting tribute to the women tribe. Hearty congrats to all the women across the world on this great day.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, 'you are the epitome of strength and sacrifice'! A big salute to all the women across the world! Let us strive to make this world a safe and better place for women and learn to respect womanhood! Happy Women's Day to all the women who have come across my life in different forms!
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

This women's day, let's all pledge to make this world a better place for women to live in, and treat them as equals in all walks of lives. A very happy women's day to all the women across the world.

A famous quote comes to my mind -"Don't let anyone tell you you're weak because you're a woman." A very big salute to all the women of this world!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

My best wishes to all the ladies, young & old, who always give their best 365 days of the year. Not just on this day, but on all days - let women be respected & loved. Let every day be a special one for them.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

On International Women's Day, let's take a pledge to fight against every injustice being faced by the women of India. As Rammohan Roy abolished Sati system, Vidyasagar started widow-remarriage and education of women, we aree required to fight 'triple talaq' system.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

What a wonderful poem...I just want to salute those who are mothers, daughters, sisters and the others who are making our world wonderful every day...so a single day is not sufficient to celebrate their courage and duty...HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY...

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.