You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

For every thread raised here, members can respond as what message they got through that thread

Normally this forum section is having inclusive participation of regular and active members who are well versed to bring in some good topics for discussion and we the members also participate with expressing our views firmly. But what I want that after expressing over views we can also mention the message what we got from that post and that could be added advantage and increase the meaning to the thread. Not all threads would have the chance to append our messages, but where ever possible a try can be made ?
    Not all messages convey message. Most of thethreads are discussionmatters and some mere statements.

In the responses itself directly or indirectly it comes out in what way the thread influenced them. By reading the responses we get hint of how the reader felt about that thread.y

Sometimes we see response as 'thanks for the information'; ;that was a very relevant subject '; ' I would try to this suggestion' etc. A thread which may be appealing some as very valid and important may be appearing as silly and irrelevant for another. An young and not much experienced member may get a message in some thread, while an elder member who has many years of real life experience may not feel so.

Yes I know all threads may not yield a message but we can try on some threads of interesting nature.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Instead of asking the reader to study think and analyze the thread matter to post what the thread conveyed to them (which is not possible) we can simply ask them to grade the thread.
    1. Very useful thread
    2. Not a useful thread

No life without Sun ¤

I am not asking whether a thread is useful or not. One can always read a message from a thread raised and he can append his own moral message got cue from that thread.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I second you Mr. K. Mohan. There has been lot of things get discuss but did not get concluded by forum author. Now no one knows what author has done ultimately to resolve what he has initiated.
    Not all topic should have conclusion but one which have practical solutions should have last comment by author. Or there should be choice of best reply like ISC has best answer so that visitors can easily find out who gave more relevant reply to discussion.

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

Mr Mohan, how would it be if the author specifies the message he wants to convey? Members can then respond accordingly. It is amusing to see such a thread being raised by a senior member like you who is one of the most active contributors to the forum section!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

As rightly said by Avi, the author should wait for ten days ( when the thread becomes old) and post his conclusion as the last response to the thread. Then only the thread will look fine with a good tail end. Otherwise, it will be like an incomplete structure without any good finishing. The author can also add some value added sentence at the end.

E.G This thread was to tell the world ..........................................................
    This thread has benefitted many in...............................................................
    I am happy that more members shared my thread.
    It was an excellent discussion.
    The moral of this thread is...............................................................................
    Hope we have learned to .................................................................................
    Hope we now know what is ...........................................................................
    etc.etc.etc.

Let us see how the author ends this thread now or later.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments