You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Mind-blowing cricket on the fourth day of India-Australia Test

Test Cricket was present with all glorious uncertainties. The match was poised for nail-biting finish. India started the day with 213 for 4 in the second inning with two set batsmen (Pujara and Rahane) on the crease. In the beginning, both started without much drama. Then Rahane fell and suddenly Indian batting collapsed like a pack of cards. Within 9 balls India lost 4 very valuable wickets. In the last wicket Saha and Yadav added valuable 16 runs. India finished their second inning at 274. Swing bowler, JR Hazlewood was the main destroyer with 67 for 6.

The match became very exciting. Australia was required to score only 184 for victory, which was not at all difficult. But India attacked Aussie batting line-up with everything they had. Ashwin was at his destructive best. He was ably supported by Umesh Yadav, Ishant and Jadeja. Indian fielding was excellent. Wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha, Ashwin and Jadeja took some acrobatic catches. Aussies were all out for 112 in their second inning. Ashwin took 41 for 6.

India tested a very sweet and exciting victory is the second Test. For these days, I will always remain a fan of Test Cricket.
    It was really an exciting match and had all the ingredients of one day match.
    Now a days few people have interest in test match as the charm of cricket which earlier dwelled in test match is stolen by one day cricket.
    Anyway yesterday match was a magnificent show by our bowlers as well as fielders.
    Ashwin was the star of the day, I will say.
    I will not forget this match for one thing - the fantastic coordination between the bowlers and fielders.

Knowledge is power.

Well the winning of India over Australia has actually overshadowed by cheating actions from the dressing room to the players via gestures has taken front seat in the media. And thus we are unable to enjoy the winning of our boys but to see the cheating practices of Australian players.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments