You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A doodle celebrating International Women's Day

This year the International Women's Day on March 8th had really been spectacular for Air India. And why should it not be. It was a momentous occasion for Air India and particularly so for the country's women. The fair sex made the country proud by flying round the world in an all-women crew Boeing 777 aircraft. It was not only the pilots and the cabin crew that were women, but the ground handling staff, the engineers signing the aircraft, the check-in staff and the air traffic controller who gave the clearance to the aircraft were women too. The aircraft flew from New Delhi to San Francisco over the Pacific and on its return journey flew over the Atlantic, thus circumnavigating the planet in an all- women crew aircraft.

The doodle that follows is dedicated to every woman in the country and in the world.

Yes on the occasion of International Women's day every organization went with its own way of recognizing the great contributions of women in their organization. While Google honored with a wonderful Doodle. Air India was kind enough to have all women air craft and all women ground staff for the occasion and what really impressed me that every women working in Tata group have been honored with a shield and citation for their ever cooperating attitude and that made the right gesture. Even I raised a post that ISC should have honored our Female members of this site on this occasion.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan, I respect your feelings when you say that ISC too should have honoured its women. Yes, I do agree with you that like other organizations, women in ISC too are doing a very wonderful job. What I have seen of ISC till now and what I have experienced, ISC always pays due respect to its women. Some of our best writers among the members are women. A good number of women are there in the editorial panel and that too in leading roles. I know that ISC will be the last one to discriminate against its women. As Juana has very well mentioned in one of your threads, it's not something special or extraordinary privilege that women in general seek from the society. It's equality that they desire, that they should be given equal opportunities whether in education, job, profession or most other things. That they should be treated the same way society treats its men.

We at ISC too did mark the occasion. Since last 2-3 days' members have spun some beautiful stories centred on courageous women. Lead Editor Kalyani too has penned a beautiful poem. Perhaps a few more members could have come up with their own creations too, to mark this special occasion. I for one tried my hand at making a doodle. And by the way, the doodle that you see is not a creation by Google, it's my own creation and it took me some good many man-hours to think of the theme and bring it to life.

Anyway, hats off to you for the concern that you have shown for women in general. To make it a just world, we need more thinking minds like you.

Patience and perseverance pays

Sign In to post your comments