Fun with Colours this Holi - quickie contest!Good Sunday morning ISCians!
All Indian festivals are filled with hues, none more than Diwali and Holi. So why not celebrate the joy which colours bring to our lives with a fun activity! For this contest, how about involving your family members, from kids to senior citizens, and get them to enjoy too?
All members can participate, including editors. Only one entry per member is allowed and a second entry sent later will not be considered (unless I don't receive the first entry at all.)
What you have to do:
Send to my gmail ID which is "iscmanagingeditor" a list of:
1. Five things in nature which are blue (out of this, you must specify at least one bird, one flower and one fish)
2. Three yellow fruits
3. Seven violet flowers
4. One country's flag with a red stripe in it
5. Four green vegetables
6. Two orange mithai (sweets) or sweet dishes or desserts (any of these types will do, need not be Indian ones only)
7. Six names of music albums or individual song titles with the word indigo in it
Bonus query: What is common to all of the above?
1. Do not put your answers in a response in this thread. Your answers should be sent only to my gmail ID mentioned above.
2. You need not specify the botanical names or detailed names, a general answer will do but do not give an absurd answer like 'blue flower' or 'orange mithai'.
3. Do not give answers in regional languages.
4. After you send your entry to my gmail, please post a response in this thread that you have done so. In case I do not receive your entry, I will inform you and you can send it again.
For each correct answer you give, you will get 1 point in your response in this thread. The bonus question will get you an additional 2 points. That means you can earn a total of 30 points. (Cc may also be awarded, about which a decision will be taken later.)
Rewards: The first three members to get all answers correct (including the bonus query) will each win Rs.50/- and a gold coin from our virtual gift shop (this will be in addition to the individual 30 points they will get to their responses). In case of nobody submitting all-correct answers, whosoever are the first two to get the maximum right will get the same cash award but no virtual gift.
In case of any disputes, a decision will be reached after consulting non-participating editors & the Webmasters and this decision will be binding on all participants.
Do not be hasty! Send your entry only when you are 100% sure of your answers.
Closing time: 12 midnight of 12th March 2017.
Note: Feedback & suggestions can be given in the alert announcement thread after the contest closes and not in your response in this thread.
Wishing everyone a Happy Holi - have some colourful fun!