You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Eat wheat, talk sweet, behave neat, and do not depend on fate.

To live long in this world, instead of eating rice, going for wheat is best. That means eating phulka or chappathi is the best way to maintain good health without obesity. When we talk with others, talk with sense without hurting them or speaking in double meaning. Our good and sweet talking impress others very much. And behaving with others is the great attitude. We should not give chance others to comment on our dressing sense, our table manners or our general behavior. Likewise never blame it on our fate if something goes wrong. We are bound to meet challenges and win over the fate and that should be the attitude.
    Well meaning advice, but not necessarily totally apt every time as a lot of aspects need to be considered specific to an individual or a situation.

1. Instead of eating rice, going for wheat is best. That means eating phulka or chappathi is the best way to maintain good health without obesity.
    - Some people have allergies due to eating wheat-based products. Also, I am a little unsure whether or not wheat-based products helps in controlling obesity.

2. When we talk with others, talk with sense without hurting them or speaking in double meaning. Our good and sweet talking impress others very much. And behaving with others is the great attitude.
    - I think that it is rare that a person will deliberately go out of his way to hurt somebody. It is quite often inadvertent and misunderstandings often crop up unintentionally.
    - Not everyone is impressed by so-called sweet talk and are smart enough to unerstand the differience between, for example, a genuine compliment and a fake one just to flatter.

3. We should not give chance others to comment on our dressing sense, our table manners or our general behavior.
    - Why should others comment at all?

4. Likewise never blame it on our fate if something goes wrong. We are bound to meet challenges and win over the fate and that should be the attitude.
    - Sometimes, blaming it on fate or rather destiny makes us feel that perhaps whatever happened was for the best and thus makes us approach it positively rather than feeling burdened by a total sense of failure!

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

I have some doubt about 'talk sweet'. Although occasionally it works to serve our purpose, but many a time talking sweet is an indication of weekness to others. Although I speak quietly and logically, talking sweet creates unnecessary problems most of the time. It is is my personal experience.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Here talking sweet means not hurting the sentiments and feelings and views of the others by negating their point.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't think that eating phulaks or chapattis will help you in maintaining your health without obesity problem. Sufficient exercise to your body and good food habits will help you in avoiding obesity problems. But they say wheat is better than rice for diabetic patients.

One should be polite to others. I always believe in doing good and behaving good. It is not correct to blame others. Always talking sweet without pointing out the problems will spoil the system. If somebody is doing some mistakes we should tell him those points politely and make him to understand so that he will correct himself.

As a long as we are not troubling and disturbing others it is our interest we keep up our own things. This many not be liked by some people. We need not bother.

Yes. We have to try and get our hurdles solved. But ultimately it is our fate only. At the same time we can't blame always our fate for our failures. Re look at your problems and see where is the hurdle and take corrective actions. Then only think of fate.

drrao
    always confident

Eating Phulkas and Chapatis are not enough to arrest obesity and the other factors are how far you avoid excess consumption of oil, ghee and spices. The timing of taking Lunch and Dinner is also important. One has to avoid dinner in a very late hour and if possible try to have it within 9 pm. Intake of water should be followed after a lapse of 40 minutes from the time the meal was consumed.
    Now talking should be polite enough so as not to invite wrath with the people and by hurting others will ultimately affect our own sentiments and the end - result may be catastrophic.
    Yes, instead of blaming others, if we attribute the same to our fate so in that way we are getting at least some positivity in our thoughts and such thinking alleviates the undue stress which otherwise would have surfaced within our mind - frame.

Wheat alone cannot help us. It would be nice to take rice equally. Also, meat eating helps to keep our body in a fit and fine state. My ancestors were bonafide rice eaters. They were hale and hearty and lived long.

About sweet talk. Do you mean honey coated talk? Should we have sweet tongue and lip to talk sweetly? No. Be normal, be pleasant. Have a good smile on your face while talking to someone. That's the magic to win over others.

About neat behavior. Wear what you like. Behave normally without extra shake and jerks. Follow what you have been taught or learned. Others have no business to comment on your style and behavior. All cannot follow the same pattern. There is no written rule. If I prefer to eat with my hands, I won't use a spoon and fork. That doesn't affect someone. So don't talk about neat behaviour, but pleasant behaviour.

About fate. Fate is the destiny written on our pate that cannot be overcome. So, there is nothing wrong. It is very difficult to change our fate. Whatever has to happen, that will certainly happen despite any attempt to avoid it.

No life without Sun ¤

A very thought provoking thread and it will definitely inspire many members to comment and respond.

Actually avoiding carbohydrates and taking proteins and ruffage is good for health. So wheat in place of rice is a healthy option.

Good behavior and soft temparament have no substitute and they are the key to harmonious coexistance.

Fate is a mysterious thing and whether you believe in it or not every life on this planet is somehow connected to this unknown entity. Practically speaking, instead of believing in fate if we concentrate in our work with due diligence and in a focussed way, success will not be far off.

Knowledge is power.

A thread made with rhyming words. The beauty is there for that.

However as per personal preferences, we can substitute wheat with meat, sweet, or the like. Talk can be truth also.
    But I fully agree for the last- do not depend on fate alone. In fact my footer also says that.
    On the day of Makara Sankranti, in Maharashtra there is a tradition of distributing 'til-gul' or 'gingelly -jaggery'. While giving the sweet, the giver exhorts the receiver to talk sweet forgetting all ill feelings and misunderstandings , if any.

Sign In to post your comments