You must Sign In to post a response.
We have three winners for the Holi festival quiz contest - cheer them here!
  • Category: Winners

Holi festival colours - contest winners

We got a wonderful response for the Fun with Colours this Holi - quickie contest. After evaluating the 29 answers of each of the 18 participants, the points were tallied - and we did get three winners!

The three members who were the first to give all correct answers and thus get 30 points are:
    Joyshree, Suman and Juana. They each receive a cash award of Rs.100/- [it has been decided to increase the prize money from the pre-announced amount] and a gold coin from our virtual gift shop.

All participants, including winners, will get points to their responses in the contest announcement thread as per their tally of points. Additionally, each participant (other than the three winners) will be uniformly given 10cc.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Note: This thread is exclusively for congratulating the winners. If you wish to give any feedback or suggestions, please do so in this thread only. In that thread you can also see the points you got for your entry.
    Congrats to Joyshree, Suman and Juana for winning the Fun with colour this holi contest which was first of its kind organized by ISC and great to hear that 29 members participated in the contest.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My heartiest congratulations to the colourful winners of the holi color contest. Keep up your colorful thinking about the seven colours VIBGYOR.
    No life without Sun

Congratulation Joyshree, Suman and Juana for winning this award. I was also a participant and very much confident to win this award. Unfortunately I got 28 points. Any way once again hearty congratulation Joyshree, Suman and Juana.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Thank you Mr. Mohan, Mr. Sun and Mr. Hakimuddin for your best wishes. Than you Mam for conducting such a wonderful contest. It was reinventing myself and revisiting the genres that were known or little known to me. Looking forward for more such contests from you.
    Live life Kingsize!

Congratulations to Ms. Joyshree, Mr. Suman Sahu and Ms. Juana for winning this colourful contest organised on the occasion of Holi.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Congratulations to Joyshree, Suman and Juana for winning the contest organised on the occasion of holi.

My heartiest congratulations to Joyshree, Suman and Juana for winning the Holi contest!
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Hi,
    My best wishes and heartiest congratulations to Joyshree, Juana and Suman to win the Holi Contest. It is a great contest and enjoyed while participating in this contest.
    But Vandana Mam, the points of participation is still pending and they are not credited in my account. when will I get it.

Hearty congratulations to Ms. Joyshree, Mr. Suman and Ms. Juana for winning the colorful contest organised by the ISC on the eve of HOLI. Great to win the contest amongst 29 participants. Keep rocking.

Congratulations to the winners Joyshree, Mr.Suman and Juana. Thanks for conducting a colourful festival contest for ISC members by the management.

There were only 18 entries & not 29 as some of members have interpreted.

Participation in the contest & enjoyment should be enough. Members should take it in the right spirits.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Thank you, everyone, for the congratulatory messages.

Congratulations to Joyshree and Suman.

@ Partha, GeeKay and Ramakrishna - As far as I know Suman Sahu is a lady. The honorific you have given to her is wrong.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

My heartiest congratulations to Joyshree, Suman and Juana, and yeah it is nice to hear that members are participating in the contest.
    live happily in every situation of life

Congratulations to Joyshree, Suman, and Juana for their excellent win in this contest. It is good to see that people are actively participating in the competition.

Hearty congratulations to Joyshree, Suman and Juana for being the winners in this contest! A word of appreciation also goes to all the participants!
    The rewards have been credited to the winners!

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Congratulations and my best wishes to Winners Suman Sahu and Juana for a quick contest on Holi festival.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

@Juana,

No doubt the confusion regarding the gender bias is due to my name. As many connects me to be a girl but I would like to state henceforth that I am a boy and should be addressed as Mr. and not Miss.

Congratulations to Joyshree, Suman and Juana for being winners of Holi festival colours - contest.

Ms. Juana: In North India, Suman is generally the name of a girl. But in West Bengal and Orissa, Suman is generally the name of a boy. Mr. Suman Sahu is from Orissa, so he is 'he' and 'Mr.'
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

@ Suman Sahu

My bad and my apologies.

The confusion happened because there is no image attached. Not giving this as an excuse, but the name deceived me.

Apologies to Partha, GeeKay and Ramakrishna, whom I had mentioned by name.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

All participants have been credited with the points they got in their responses in the contest announcement thread as per the list mentioned in this thread and 10cc for participation. Winners have been given 30 points each, with their cash prizes & the gold coin virtual gift credited to their respective accounts.
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Thanks madam. I received my my points and cash credit.
    Honesty is the best policy.

At the outset, I thank you for awarding the points and CC to the winners of the holy colour contest.
    Now my question to ME Vandana, the contest author is: -
    A participant who answered well and scored 29/30 or 28/30or 27/30 points(more than 90 percent) get a CC of Rs. 10/-. A participant who answered very badly and scored just 12/30 points(just 40 percent) also gets the same CC of Rs. 10/- Is it really a justified CC award? Shouldn't be a difference between an award to the correct answer and wrong answers. A person who takes interest and pass, and a person who don't take interest but fail also get passed and treated equally. Why?

I consider it as a great grand CC joke of ISC. What is your good response to my query?

No life without Sun

Sun,

I clearly stated that all feedback & suggestions should have been put in the thread created for it & to which the link was provided in the text of this thread as well as in the contest announcement thread too. Why did you not do so?

The 10cc was uniformly given to all for the participation effort in the same manner as is sometimes given for creative writing activities. There is nothing further to discuss about it.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Respected ME,
    I would appreciate if a uniform CC was given to all participants if it was an essay or article writing competition where we cannot judge the best and the worst accurately, but not a definite answer competition. There is a vast difference to understand. For e.g

Question -What is the full form of ISC?
    Mr. X answers- India Study Channel (Right) Awarded 10 points/10 CC
    Mr. Y answers - International Study Channel(wrong) Awarded 0 points/ 10 CC

Do you agree with the award of 10 CC to Mr. Y for his participation with incorrect answer? Is it not a big joke of CC award at ISC? Let us not have fun in contest awards. Let ISC not go bankrupt by awarding unnecessary CC to its undeserving members.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.