You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Why I see an (i) sign in the address page when I visit ISC site?

Today I noticed an (i) sign in the address bar when visiting ISC site in google chrome browser. When I tried to explore it read as under:
    "Your connection to this site is not secure"
    You should not enter any sensitive information on this site (for example - passwords or credit cards) because it could be stolen by attackers. Learn More link further informed as per screen shot attached.

What does it mean. What is sensitive information. Can anybody explain the meaning of sensitive information. Is it really serious or something wrong with my connection. Are all the other members confronting the same situation.
    Ashok,
    Can't understand your problem. I too use Google Chrome. I do not find any (I) sign anywhere. Moreover, your attachment has no ISC or Indiastudychannel in it. Please attach the address bar for our view.

What exactly it is? Address page or address bar. Your title reads address page, and your summary reads address bar. Where is the page and where is the bar?

No life without Sun

Mr. Sun: I have also been noticing similar symbol for quite sometime. Inside 'o', there is a 'i'. I also use Google Chrome.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ashok and Partha,
    Clarify Address page or address bar to check your problem. I am not able to locate it .

No life without Sun

Mr.Sun, I think Mr.Partha Kansabanik has made my task easier. Anyhow to see the sign (i) encircled in a circle, please open the Google Chrom browser and then visit www.indiastudychannel.com . You will find the encircled sign of small i in the address bar of the browser. As regards the screenshot, you can get it by clicking the Learn more.
    Regards,
    Ashok Goyal

Yes Ashok Goyal now I could notice a zero and inside that there is "i" in the address bar and on clicking the same I could read this remarks which is appended here.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Delete Attachment

It is in the address bar, indicating that the connection is not not secure. Basically ISC is not https and it does not have 132-bit encryption needed for security. In simple words, it means that ISC is vulnerable to security attacks.

@ Mohan, all that information and cookies can be avoided by logging in at ISC in incognito mode. The moment one closes the incognito mode of the browser, all that information is removed from the system.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

And I thought Mr Ashok Goyal, being a Webmaster himself, might be aware of why this 'i' is coming within the 'o'. Gypsy has provided the reason. I doubt whether there would be much of a security threat as far as ISC is concerned because we do not normally share any information here that is personal or sensitive. A response by Tony sir to a query as to why ISC does not use http may also please be seen.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

I have seen the (i) and understood. I think it is not a problem to us as we are all fully secure. We don't convey any sensitive information relating to pass word or credit card in our threads or responses.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments