You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Congratulations to the Superstar of 'Deleted Forum' section!

Yesterday night I was checking the 'Deleted Forum' section. I was pleasantly surprised that nowadays the number of deleted Forum threads has increased manifold. Some of the threads which have been deleted are promotional in nature. But I have also noticed that Forum threads of some regular contributors are regularly and religiously deleted.

I have also found that Partha Kansabanik, a regularly contributing Member in Forum section, has the honour of becoming Superstar of 'Deleted Forum' section. During the first 18 days of March, 2017, 6 (six) Forum threads raised by him have been deleted.

Although Superstar status is not officially declared in 'Deleted Forum' section in ISC, let the Members acknowledge this (dubious) distinction of Partha Kansabanik. Let the Members of ISC congratulate Partha Kansabanik on his achievement.
    To satisfy you, I would congratulate you. Superstar is a superior award for the positives and an appreciation. Your deletion of posts is a negativity to your ill formed threads.
    I would strongly recommend a new award " Suffer Star" for those who have more number of deleted threads.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Negativity? I am indicating the title of the last of the deleted threads. Please say how much negativity is involved?

Title: "Respect for these two youth icons"

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha, you made my Sunday enjoyable with this semi humorous and semi serious thread.
    I am not able to give a suitable emoticon for this, as I am not sure what will suit best , and secondly as a member I am not allowed the facility to attach emoticons. I hope one of the editors may assign an apt emoticon for this thread.

I appreciate that now you have overtaken Mohan to weave a thread from anything you see , read, hear or feel.In fact I had given this credit exclusively to Mohan earlier. Now Mohan has a solid competitor.

Continue with your humorous crusades. Best Wishes and eagerfor more such stuff.

Mr. Venkiteswaran: Crusade is meant for great people. I am resorting to self-flagellation.

Partha,
    What I really meant is - What the members create is positive to them but negative to ISC Admin. Hence the threads are dumped into delete section.

No life without Sun ¤

What I see a deliberate attempt by the administration to push the threads not being attended by other members as irrelevant and into the delete section. I have been requesting the on line editors at least they append their response when the thread is not being attended by other members. Just deleting the thread it really pains the author that according to him that thread had some meaning and hence shared here. And what surprises me that even if the Google indexed our thread, the ISC would remove or delete the same. Some positive thinking from administration should begin on this issue.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

You have made the Sunday humourous by floating a peculiar thread.

I was not aware that so many threads are deleted. There must be some criterion of the subjects raised in threads which are fulfilling the ISC policies and guidelines and others which are not and eventually getting deleted. If it is so, old members must be aware of those forbidden things and will be complying accordingly.

I think we will be soon hearing from the concerned editors about this so that we can comply in the better fashion.

Are there some articles or guidelines where it is specifically told that what type of threads will have greater danger of deletion. It will be interesting to know that.

Anyway in my opinion we should avoid all those areas which are in one way or other prohibited in ISC .

We will know more after the opinions from experienced members on this subject raised by Kansabanik.

Knowledge is power.

Mr. Mohan: Yesterday one of my threads was deleted within seconds. It was just like lightning. I posted-immediately it was deleted. The thread was not at all controversial. In that thread I stated that film actor Akshay Kumar and badminton player Saina Nehwal donated money for the families of martyred CRPF jawans at Sukna. May be someone was allergic to the martyred soldiers.

Mr. Umesh: The policy is too difficult to understand. Somehow I managed to understand Mathematical Analysis, Game Theory, Abstract Algebra, 3-D Geometry, Boolean Algebra and other complex Mathematical concepts in college and university, but I have failed to understand the policy of ISC during last 18 months.

Partha one more thing I want to point out here. If the threads of regular members are deleted in this jet speed, then how we will get the courage and interest to post further threads. Moreover the specified quota is also getting over and to our dismay other members are also not hoisting any new threads. And thus there is no new thread appearing here and forum looking stale again. Here I am not asking ISC to pass every thread, but they can always see the intention of the author in raising that thread and the ISC editors can even question the author if they find something wrong with that.
    K Mohan

Sometime I am having a feeling that I have to change my profile picture. Yesterday I made my passport-size photo. Now I have to upload it. My old profile picture is creating these problems.

Thank God. This thread remains intact in the forum without getting into the hands of Editors to get deleted. I really wonder.
    No life without Sun ¤

I also wonder. But may be if this thread gets deleted, then even the Editors will have to congratulate the author. So, it is allowed to remain.

My another wonder is - Why Our good forum editors not sighted this thread to congratulate our delete section SuperStar even after 13 good responses?
    No life without Sun ¤

I feel that it is a very healthy discussion and our aim ultimately is to understand the delicate barrier between the acceptable thread and unacceptable thread so that we from our side itself present it in the earlier category.

If I myself is aware that the thread I am going to float is a dubious one then I must at my level should stop it for floating.

Knowledge is power.

Mr. Umesh: Please be careful. You may lose valuable points in the process of understanding acceptability/ unacceptability of threads. Points are getting deducted. This thread originally got 5 points; now it has been reduced to 3. Similarly responses of Mr. Sun and myself are getting 0 points. Your responses may also suffer the same fate.

Scissors are ready and waiting!

A platinum member asks why this thread does not get the attention of the good forum editors & receive congratulatory wishes
    ~ seriously, is it worth that honour, just think!

Anyway, here comes the ME, galloping with good speed,
    With a poetic ode for one with like-minded wit...

The forum editors strike at 220,000,000 miles per hour (as per response #593630)
    Wow - what super efficiency it was thrilling to know
    Thanks to this (en)light(e)ning thread's appreciation, they are basking in the glow!

It also proved a sad state of affairs,
    Namely that, despite repeated alerts, gentle advice & stern warnings,
    The number of deleted threads are constantly a-churning.

Why not have intelligent topics for discussion, instead of mere news feeds ~
    Haven't we said this time & again, to both seniors and newbies?
    What's the point of even this pointless thread other than to gain a few points for all & sundry?

The author has talent, there is no doubt about that,
    His wit & humor too enliven our forum, it's true,
    But then why, oh why, can't he curb his instincts to always post supposed breaking news?
    It is also not a good thing to constantly question a decision
    When enough fair warnings were time and again given.

So, Partha, giving you some kindly advice yet again:
    Create good lightning bolts which would generate electrifying discussions
    Rather than being belligerent with such sarcasm;
    Focus on good topics, not on news,
    And then you'll be a real superstar - just see how you shine through and through!

(Just as we take criticism threads sportingly, hope this ode too is taken in the same spirit.)

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

"May be someone was allergic to the martyred soldiers." This is an extremely thoughtless comment, made to ridicule the system. Why sensationalise the matter. This is casting aspersions, slandering someone and is uncalled for. That news should not be posted in the forum, has been indicated umpteen times, by the editors.

I did not read the post being discussed, but going by the title of the post 'Respect for Akshay Kumar and Saina Nehwal' it is clearly more to do with the celebrity status of two individuals. How does deleting the thread indicate any kind of insensitivity? After all was it not just another piece of news created as a forum post?

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Ms. Juana: With utmost respect, I would like to state that it would not be possible for you to go through the particular thread because it was deleted within 5 (yes, five!) seconds of posting. As a precautionary measure, nowadays, I keep copy of each and every thread of mine, because I don't know which thread would be deleted for so-called policy violation.

I re-read the particular thread. In the first para, I did mention the donations given by these two celebrities. But what about the second para of the thread? Was it also a news-item, or my comments on/analysis of the issue?

Furthermore, my comments quoted by you was definitely not a thoughtless one.

Ms. Vandana: I have really enjoyed the poetic advice from you. Now waiting for some poetic justice!

Partha,

I have not claimed that I read the post. I went only by the title of your post, which indicates that you shared a news item.

As someone sitting on the sidelines and observing the proceedings your comment was most definitely insensitive. It casts aspersions on the site. Do you really think our martyrs are not respected on ISC? Before making insinuations that rock the uprightness of a site, I think we must look where we failed.

It's fine to feel anger when we think we are wronged but to suggest someone acted in a particular way because they are "allergic to martyred soldiers" is by no stretch of the imagination the right way to describe one's annoyance.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Partha,

I had a look at the thread. It is indeed just news. If at all I were to post such news, then I would have done so with an interesting view appended to it, perhaps something like whether it was done for publicity, which is what is generally the view point of the general public when somebody donates huge amounts. Or, with the viewpoint you raised, for example, I would have put it briefly like this to invite discussion rather than focusing on the donated amount:
    Recently Akshay Kumar and Saina Nehwal donated a good amount to martyred soldiers. However, this is a rare case. Why do you think it is rare that a celebrity shies away from monetarily helping out soldiers? Why are the so-called intellectuals not donating to a noble cause?

Also, what Juana said was right. I had read that statement and, to my regret, it slipped from my mind while posting my response & I failed to comment against it. I am glad Juana mentioned it. It is indeed a terrible insinuation that you made against the forum editor who deleted your thread. Take care what you say! In the name of sarcasm, don't cross the limits.

It would also be good if others do not give mindless support and just jump on the bandwagon of targetting editors without trying to see and understand the whole picture.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Vandana,
    It is not blind mindless support to the author and jumping into the bandwagon. Frankly writing. When the Editors can jump into the bandwagon of Editors and give mindless support to all the deleted threads without understanding the fact of that thread, what's wrong if the members do the same? All members think it in the same way except one or two.

No life without Sun ¤

If this thread gets so much mileage, then why not our deleted threads if they would have kept in this forum for while or two days. Surely at least one member would respond and that will satisfy the author. By deleting the thread, the ISC is discouraging the writing spirit of the members.
    K Mohan

Editors support each other (though I too find it annoying at times) because they represent the site. So, technically they offer their allegiance to the site and not to a particular individual, in this case, an editor. When members 'join the bandwagon' they do so to speak their mind in support of themselves. They bring in their own grievances and criticisms into the discussion and do not limit their interference to the issue raised by a member.

Here too none has come out to support Partha, those who are speaking against the deletion of threads are speaking for themselves because they too are the aggrieved party. They want their voices heard, so to say, and want their threads allowed, and it is not in support of the member. So, there lies the difference.

In any discussion, there will be different views. Some may concur fully, some disagree totally. Most will try to balance by concurring on certain parts and disagreeing in part.
    Inthis thread also same thing happens. Some support the thread content and some may differ.
    In a court of law the plaintiff and defendant will have their own opposing views. Both sides may have their own witnesses to support their side. But it is for the judge to analyse and sift through all the materials produced, apply law and rules, natural justice and then come to a conclusion and delver the judgement.

Why not the same be applied in present contexts also ? Opinions supporting and opposing thread will naturally come. It all depends on the experience of the member had in similar situations, or unbiasedly what he sees in the matter, or the member may not have a comprehensive knowledge on the matter, but say what he knows and feels within that limit.

Those who are authorised to give verdict should consider all arguments and facts and give their verdict, without any wavering or doubt. It may favour some and go against some other. For anything there will be two or more views and opinions. But those authorised to sit in judgement should not be carried away by all those.

• Sign In to post your comments