You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Its raining and my heart is paining

I am looking outside my window and its a cloudy sky. I don't know, if it happens to me only or not. When it rains or there is a cloudy sky. I feel a little sad. I start craving for a phone call or the sound of the calling bell at the door. Do you have the same feeling, when it rains outside your house?
    I feel this especially in the afternoon. I feel if only one of my friends passed by and cared for a chit chat with me.
    What feelings do you experience when you see its raining?
    A cloudy sky and rains is a situation where one feels lonely and seeks company to talk over a hot cup of tea or coffee. The dimming of day light itself is a sign of sadness and rains prevent us to venture outside and we look towards music, reading, watching TV etc.

But these measures provide only a short lived relief. We yearn for company, we want to share our feelings, we want to talk on common interest subjects, chat with a pal from school days - something like that.

Yes, I feel like that on those days. The serious point is - if you just idle away and lie down without doing anything the rainy spell will slowly induce sadness and melancholy in your heart and may lead to temporary bouts of depression. Anyway leaving apart the sad part many people enjoy rains and take it as a time to celebrate parties with friends - may be they are more materialistic and less sentimental and want to avoid the loneliness mood set by onset of rains.

Knowledge is power.

Well when it rains we should actually be happy as the rain is the natural phenomenon through which process human and animals also get the required water to survive. Yes I do agree that heavy rains do accompany with misery and worries to those who are living in low lying areas. I am also worried when the rain starts late in the evening and it continues the whole night. Just imagine how the people would spend their nights as there wont be current supply, the water would be entering the rooms and there is not respite from downpour. Such situation really get pity..
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It might sound silly, but I'm afraid of rains. Or gales. Or thunderstorms. It's an intense fear. I feel like I will lose everything if I stepped out. I've been like this always. I love summers.
    Well I see the people before me posted some poetic responses so I don't want to be left behind.

Slowly,slowly falls the curtain of the sky,
    Sun has shut his eyes quite tight.
    Beating their drums, Gods let a war-cry,
    For they have a war to fight.
    Golden chariots run through the air,
    Giving me some serious nightmare,
    Oh! Their might. Oh! the sounds they make,
    Little too much for my fragile heart to take.
    Repenting their actions, the demons started to weep,
    Amidst all this madness, how am I supposed to sleep?

There is nothing silly Mr. Mohan, I am too very much afraid of thunderstorms. By the way, it is a nice poem and more or less reflects the my story.
    Live life Kingsize!

The poem is depicting the mood during the rains and may be representative of our deep emotions and their resonance with nature.

Nature has different phases and rain is the one which affects the mood and the mind of many people setting an atmosphere of loneliness and isolation.

Knowledge is power.

I feel very happy when it rains. It brings back some fond memories of childhood when we used to make those paper boats and would enjoy getting wet in the rain with our siblings & friends. To me, rain is a sort of reminder of the carefree attitude of a child. The famous lines of Jagjit Singh, the famous gazal singer, depict my true feelings when I enjoy the rain sitting in the balcony of my home (it is pakoras-with-tea time for us):-

Yeh daulut bhi le lo, yeh shohrat bhi le lo
    bhale chheen lo mujse meri jawani
    magar mujko loata doh bachpan ka sawan
    woh kagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani

A rough translation:- Take away all my wealth & fame. You may take away my youth too. But return my childhood, when making those paper boats & making them sail in the rain water was all I cared about (my carefree times & attitude).

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Sign In to post your comments