- Category: Miscellaneous
- #593636Wrong fact - flowers without fragrance are a waste.
Wrong fact - flowers with no fragrance are not offered while praying
Fact: Sunflowers and hibiscus are known not to have fragrance but they have a lot of value.
Fact: Hibiscus is the most common flower offered to deities. It has no fragrance.
And define character! Courage and outspokenness does not make character.
Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.
- #593654Though Hibiscus may not have the fragrance, it is used as the powder and symbol of purity even while taking bath by the ladies. Courage is the example of showing guts against all odds, and outspoken is one step towards courage.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
- #593661Mr Mohan, that means Hibiscus is not waste though it does not have fragrance and that is squarely against the conclusion you arrived at in the thread.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.
- #593677Some flowers are beautiful but they may not have fragrance. Some will have very good fragrance but they may not very beautiful. Both will be offered to GOD. Even in all temples when they decorate the god with flowers they use beautiful flowers in addition to fragrance flowers. So the statement flowers without fragrance are waste is not acceptable.
Character is very important for earning respect in the society. The man should have ethical values. One can't compare the character less people with flowers not having fragrance.
- #593696A human without a character becomes characterless! This is what every human avoids to be called. But what if a human has a character. Negative character is also a character. A human with a negative character is not a good thing. But who will agree honestly that he or she doesn't have any negativity in him or her? If someone owns up to this fact, then he or she must be GOD. As only God has all the best qualities of human beings.
As for flowers, I don't think flowers without a fragrance is a waste. A lot of beautiful flowers like Dahlia, Sunflower have no fragrance at all. Doesn't mean they are a waste. Their sheer beauty is worthwhile beholding. They rejuvenate our lives, don't they?
Live life Kingsize!
- #593698Ever since the human civilization came into existence the agriculture became the basic profession and flowers of the plants were used as ornaments. For a long time these ornaments ruled the heart of people till metals like gold, silver, copper, brass replaced them though still flowers are used in many parts of world for decorating oneself albeit in limited way.
The beauty and fragrance of flowers made them a prominent choice for offerings to God. This was further modified by the religious leaders as per their knowledge of scriptures as well as other factors for categorisation - which flower to be offered to God and which not. The logic behind such categorisation may be available in some religious books though I am only making a guess and not read it.
Today we are following those guidelines as heard in the society from our elders. So strictly speaking adherence to those guidelines is only a matter of faith.
Anyway the flowers are a thing of beauty and the well known phrase says - A thing of beauty is joy for ever.
Knowledge is power.