You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Members who are creating resources may share link in the form with a comment so that we can review

Of late some good resources are created and posted by the intelligent members of this site but they are not seen and appreciated by other members who are not aware of those wonderful articles. What I suggest that after getting approved , the concerned author can hoist a thread with some heading and comments in this forum and giving a link to their resource, certainly that would also benefit other members about new resources and even make instant response to it. That way each resource would be responded by one or the other member with a review.
    Is this kind of self-promotion of articles allowed? I do not think so. It is fine to provide a link to an article once in a way but to make a habit of it will surely not be encouraged. I think it would amount to spamming and will not be appreciated by either the ISC management or by Google.

Anyone interested in reading new articles can always check the 'new posts' feature on ISC. Alternatively, they can check the 'new submissions' page and read through all the new resources posted. They can also go to the profile of their favourite writers and see if they have posted anything new.

To gain something a little effort has to be applied. If your suggestion is implemented there would be a spurt of self-promotional posts in the forum. I posted five articles today, I would love to share them and get more traffic to my posts, but imagine what would happen to the forum - if I did so!

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

That kind of ignorance about the rules of ISC doesn't befit the stature of the king of forum who was recently awarded the "2016 Star of the Year Award for forums".

A regular member at ISC, since a whole lot of years, should be aware of the policies of ISC, and should promote the logical ones, so as to say. Highly disappointed at your ignorance, Mohan!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Juana and Gypsy, what is the use of you creating good articles and goes unnoticed for months together ? Is that benefit you any way without a single review ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,

Why do you assume that my articles go unnoticed for months together? You have no idea on the kind of traffic they generate. Do you think only you have the skill to produce material that gets indexed by Google immediately and other mortals need a push, for their work to get noticed? Tell me with sincerity, do you leave reviews to satisfy me, the author, or to harvest benefits for yourself?

You ask the purpose of creating good articles that go unnoticed for months together. I'll answer that for you – the articles are created for a niche audience who look for good content, online, through search engines. I as a writer will not be satisfied if my work has a limited audience restricted to ISC reviewers. To that effect, I find myself a successful a writer. My pages receive ample organic traffic, please check the screenshot attached.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Delete Attachment

Please check this screenshot -

Delete Attachment

Gypsy, I am not getting into the tussle but your caption should be widely publisised. If only the the people in power listened rather than spewing rhetoric we would have a better society.

It seems members wont understand the good intention of my post. Editor may close this thread as they also seems not interested to respond.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan your good intentions are not going to change the way Google works. Understand the flaw in your proposal. Your suggestion will only go against the interest of writers. Google has its own policies, which we need to follow.

K Mohan,

Instead of pouting & acting grouchy about good intentions being ignored by editors and supposed disinterest of members, try to understand and learn how things work as has been excellently explained in the responses of fellow ISCians here.

We allow links to articles (and to other posts as well) only when absolutely relevant to a forum thread or response. Let's say, for example, somebody raises a forum thread about turmeric and a member gives a link to an article (not necessarily his/her own) to support/contradict what is said in the thread. That is perfectly permissible. However, if this link is constantly given, even in related threads, then that would be excessive promotion. So members can, applying good common sense, use such links wisely.

It is far better to provide links to one's posts via one's own blog or website. An ISCian can place it within a blog post or as a link in the right side pane. I do this myself as it brings organic traffic. Links to ISC posts on FB and other social media will not be considered as generating natural traffic so should be avoided or be very limited.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

• Sign In to post your comments