You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Uttarakhand state has some greats now serving the country. Know this.

When it comes to Literacy and knowledge, we credit Kerala as the best state and right bet. But seldom we fail to notice that other states are also having knowledge power and some greats are serving the country from one single state. The CM from UP is from Uttarakhand, the country's Army Chief is from that state, the DGMO belongs to Uttarakhand, Raw and Coast Guard chief are also from that state, The Secretary to PM Bhaskar Kulbe is from Uttarakhand and National security advisor is also from that State. So there is something special about Uttarakhand. What it may be ?
    I see each of them as an able Indian, worthy enough to serve the nation. Why do we always have to look at people and their achievements and refer to them as belonging to a particular region or religion or cast? Why do we need such demarcations especially when these individuals are holding high offices of the country? Let us recognise their capabilities and their strengths and not term them as belonging to just a particular state.

I do not think the alleviation of any of these men has anything to do with where they come from. They have been selected for their vision, work and talent. I did not know that all of them belonged to one state until I read your post.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

I am not drawing any parallel and in fact I am praising the intelligentsia existing in a particular state.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Going by the examples cited in your post can we conclude that everyone belonging to Uttrakhand is intelligent? I do no think so. I fail to understand what is it that you are trying to prove.

You say there is something special about Uttrakhand. I see that as creating divides based on regions. These men have shone through because of their work and effort. Give credit where it belongs, instead of compartmentalising them. Or is there something else, more sinister, behind this statement that we need to be worried about? Why only Uttrakhand?

Let us look at them as fellow countrymen. That they belong to a particular state is incidental. There is so much more that leads to an individual's success - education, family support, upbringing, ethics & values and intelligence etcetera.

No doubt all those Intelligent peoples are there in the top post by virtue of their own hard work and tasting the success but there seems to be some blessing and luck factor too.
    K Mohan

I really liked the thread title because most of the people see Uttrakhand either see as a good tourist destination or a place for piligrimage but this thead is about the role which inteligitia from uttrakhand is playing.
    I don't find this thread creating any kind of division it is just praising a state for the people who came from their.
    And even in terms of literacy rates and sex ratio of uttrakhand is very good and even in many cities womens are more in number than males.
    I also thanks K.mohan sir for raising something which provide some important information about these famous peoples.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Neelam Joshi

Since your post appears to be in response to my comments I am directing my post at you. Can you elaborate on the literacy rates, sex ratio and your claim that many cities have more women than men, with substantial data that proves the same? I am particularly interested in your last claim – cities where the sex ratio is in favour of females.

Let us not forget that until November 2000 Uttarakhand was part of Utter Pradesh. All these illustrious men were born in Utter Pradesh. Their initial and most crucial years were spent in Uttar Pradesh. If we are to give credit to the place that shaped them then should that not be Uttar Pradesh?

Mr Mohan, what do you mean by the statement that 'there is something special about Uttarakhand'? There are people from different regions of India holding the topmost position in different offices in India and so I don't think there is anything special about it. What made you think that there is something special about Uttarakhand? Could you please elaborate?
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

You started your thread saying " when it comes to literacy and knowledge , Kerala takes the credit". Yet Kerala continues to hold that credit. Has Uttarkhand overtaken Kerala in that respect? Is the literacy rate of Uttarakhand is superior to Kerala? There could be many senior government officials from that state like any other state officials. That doesn't elevate Uttarakhand to be with high literacy and knowledge. Not a good thread raised by you Mr. Mohan.
    No life without Sun ¤

Though the thread is not about statistics, but Reading Juana's comment I thought I need to back my points with statistics as well so here I am mentioning districts of Uttrakhand with sex ratio's and literacy rate according to census 2011, though literacy rate is not that much good but sex ratio is.

My point is this thread here is not creating any kind of division it is just praise to a state and I don't think anyone should have problem with these things.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Delete Attachment

Census takes into account people of all ages. Women on an average live longer than men is an established fact. This means that women in their sixties, seventies eighties and nineties are also part of the data.

To get the real picture the male and female population ratio between 0-6 years must be looked at. Even the census highlights these figures because they illustrate the true representation of the sex ratio.

The literacy rates are low. If you study the numbers that highlight the female vs. male literates it indicates that the number of literate female population is quite low. How can that be possible in a progressive society that has high female numbers? I think it indicates that the number of adults (read old) females is more in comparison to the male population. It isn't a true representation of the sex ratio because some of these women might have been born before the evil of sex determination hit our society.

Uttarakhand is the "Dev Bhoomi", that means it has natural blessings of Gods and thus people are benefited by that virtue too and hence it is special.
    K Mohan

K Mohan,
    You are wrong. Didn't we witness the same so called DevBhoomi worst affected by the devastating flood few years back? I think, the land has no natural blessings of the Lords but natural cursing of the Gods. Since the illiteracy rate is high, the land can not compared with states like Kerala which is officially known to us as God's own country.

No life without Sun ¤

Illegal constructions and floods thereafter damaging structures cannot be related to Dev Bhoomi status. Human errors need to be punished and that was happened there.
    K Mohan

Sun here the thing is not about comparison, every individual state is formed with new objectives and goals one of them is to provide opportunities to its natives.
    And peoples getting higher posts and recommendations at such big levels has proven speciality of Uttrakhand.
    With such difficult living conditions and inspite of being in the list of among the youngest states formed in our country Uttrakhand has left its marks in every area.
    But if you still think about the comparison you should also see the facilities which peoples of other states got before the formation of Uttrakhand and than compare its progress.

Neelam, all those who have been listed by Mohan in his thread are basically products of UP because they came into the mainstream long before Uttarakhand was bifurcated and made a separate state as already stated by Juana. What I don't understand is as to why you are feeling disturbed when a fact that positions held by individuals does not make the state from which he hails something special is being expressed by the responding members. While the role of the administration of a state and the policies they adopt does reflect on the total well being of its citizens, to say that there is something special about a state is not coherent.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

I fully concur the response of Saji. Uttarkhand is not a new place that has come up. It is a part of old UP which had vast area and large population. There is no wonder if people from that state hold high positions in the government. We can claim that the first Prime Minister of India was from UP. His daughter Indira Gandhi( former PM) was from UP. His grand son Rajiv Gandhi (former PM) was from UP.
    So, please don't wonder about Uttarkhand that need no special appreciation. It is a good newly formed state like Jharkhand, Uttaranchal and Telangana.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments