You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

While we can discuss Bhagvat Gita, Is it wrong to discuss about its author Krishna?

Dear ISC and Members,
    While we can discuss Bhagvat Gita at length, Is it wrong to discuss about its author Krishna? Krishna is the author of Bhagavat Gita, and we have discussed it at great length to win prizes. However, when I posted a thread on Krishna, it got deleted, and I was directed to submit a new thread. When I submitted a new thread with a different title, that too got deleted and directed me to submit a new thread.

This is a new thread seeking clarification on deletion of my two threads. What could be the strong or valid reasons for deletion of threads on Krishna?

With a great hope that this new thread will not be deleted but explained with reasons for deletion.
    Sun,

Why don't you take a little trouble? The reasons were stated in the deleted threads. No further explanation is required and there was no reason to raise this thread, especially after my very clear response in very simple English, followed by responses from other Editors too (though I think Saji seems to have thought it was some other thread), to your earlier thread. .

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Vandana ji,
    Sorry. No reason was stated in the deleted threads relating to Krishna. The two threads lying in deleted section says " Submit new thread."
    You can read the deleted threads relating to Krishna and explain the reason for deletion, if you can.
    @ Editors should not be at confusion. They should read well, understand well, and post well.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

I'll clarify with the Webmasters if the specific box where the reasons were put in, is not visible to general members & can be seen only by Editors.

It seems I am the one who got confused! I mixed up this complaint (the Krishna threads) with the other complaint thread (about duplicate lyrics-topic threads) and Saji did answer correctly in that thread.

Sun, one correction need to be done. Lord Krishna is not the author of Bhagvad Gita. Epic Mahabharata was ascribed by Sage Vyasa and Bhagvad Gita is the part of that epic, also ascribed by him. Please correct it.

Jeet,
    My correction to your correction. Gita is the words uttered as advice from Lord Krishna. The real author of Bhagavat Gita is Lord Sri Krishna who spoke and advised Arjuna in the battle field. Sage Vyasa noted it through his power and published it as Bhagavat Gita for the world to know. So, Krishna is the author, and sage Vyasa is the first/original publisher.

Yet I wish to get a clear cut response from our ME. When we can discuss Bhagavat Gita in detail at ISC, can't we discuss about Krishna in detail at ISC? What is wrong in it?

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, ME may respond to your specific query but I have a doubt. What is the point in discussing why Radha was fair or Krishna was dark or blue? Why do you find the topic so worthy and interesting?

And I agree with Jeets that Lord Krishna is not the author of Gita, he was only a character in the scripture.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Saji,
    You too have gone wrong to support Jeets. If there was no Krishna, Bhagavat Gita won't be here. Vyasa wrote the script of Krishna. Hence Krishna is the first author of Bhagavat Gita.

Now about the colour of Radha and Krishna - A song portraying the colour of Radha and Krishna in film Satyam Sivam Sundaram has become so famous that people still murmer that song. In the same way, I wanted the creative answers from our honourable ISC members as to why Krishna is black in colour? Nothing about Radha's colour. I am particular about Krishna's black colour only.

Won't this be interesting to ISC members to respond and the Netizens to read, understand and enjoy.

Really, Ganesh is blocking the black Lord Krishna at ISC unnecessarily, I must say and all would agree.

No life without Sun ¤

"What is the point in discussing why Radha was fair or Krishna was dark or blue? Why do you find the topic so worthy and interesting? "-------------I am stunned! Now we, the ordinary Members, have to provide explanations to the Editors why we find any particular topic/topics interesting.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Lord Krishna is not the original author of Srimad Bhagawad Geeta but it is Sage Vedavyasa who is the author of the Bhagawad Geeta which is the core of Mahabharata. But it is Lord Krishna who let the world know about Bhagawad Geeta through His direct teachings to Arjuna in the war field. The same was indirectly witnessed by Sanjaya (the charioteer of Dhritarashtra and he gave the running commentary of the entire scene to the blind King Dhritarashtra.

And regarding the blue / black color of Lord Krishna, it represents His Supreme form of the universe. As the universe is dark bluish in color, Lord Krishna who is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, is attributed blue / dark color to show that He is not a separate entity but Himself is Universe.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Partha,
    I feel that your creativity sense is very poor to understand the interesting topics for discussion. Someone says that it was the magical effect of the girls who darked their eye lashes that made Krishna black. Such wonderful creations can be very entertaining to us. I am sure, members who love creativity will certainly like to answer why Krishna is black. Partha can keep off if not interested.

No life without Sun ¤

Sorry Kalyani,
    Ved vyasa may have to pay royalty to lord Krishna for stealing and writing his words spoken during the Mahabharat war. The author of Mahabharat may be Sage Ved Vyasa, but the true author of Gita is Lord Sri Krishna on whose behalf Ved Vyasa added Gita in his Mahabharath.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Please read my comments carefully and note the inverted commas also.

Furthermore, I have imposed a limit on myself to minimize my participation in Forum section. But I had to respond when there is an indirect effort to control our thought process (at least I feel so).

Partha, you have been getting stunned and feeling astonished quite frequently in the recent past; not required, please relax. I was not asking for an explanation from Sun and neither would the members be required to give any explanation to the editors if they do not want to, but I could not comprehend the so called creative idea behind Sun's quest to find out the reason as to why Lord Krishna is dark or blue. Kalyani has already given an explanation ( as has been passed on to us through ages) and going beyond that would be nothing more than creating imaginary ideas which need not be logical or meaningful and hence would only be a waste of space and time.

I hope members will take care not to convert this thread into a veiled discussion of the intended topic.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Partha,
    Very Sorry for my hasty response. You have quoted Saji's wordings. I did not realize it. You should have mentioned it clearly with the response number.

No life without Sun ¤

Saji,
    There could be many reasons why Krishna is dark or blue. Different members have different creative thoughts. This is a platform where they can come out and express their good creative thoughts. You are putting a full stop to the creativity of ISCians by deleting the thread according to your single destructive thought. You need to refrain from such acts, and ISC editors too refrain from supporting one bad thought of one editor. Bad thinking, I must say.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, I neither want to try to convince you nor want to clarify my position in this regard, but do tell us what is the creativity you expect from a member about the color of Krishna or for that matter any person or character. Try to explain your stand without taking the cover of creativity which is quite wide a term.
    And stop this rant about bad thinking/ action of editors and editors supporting each other when you start losing the sand beneath your feet. We have been hearing it quite often recently. Please do not blurt out words without valid grounds; whatever your intention might be.
    Refer #593894 and wait for a response.

There is nothing wrong to discuss either Mahabharath as a whole, Bhagawathgita in particular and any character for that matter in that great epic. Every Individual in fact takes pride in discussing each and every character of Mahabharath as they identify with one or the other character. There is absolutely nothing wrong to discuss exclusively about Lord Krishna. Because is the preacher of Bhagawathgita. By reading the Gita again and again we get to understand the humanity and the relations with deep sense of understanding and thus Lord Krishna is not the author but great preacher.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Saji,
    You need to understand what is creativity. It is the creativity that the song from Satyam Sivam Sundaram -"Yasomathi mayya se bole nandlala... Radha kyom gori maim kyom Kaalaa". The answer is given in a very creative way as to why Krishna is black as explained by me in my response # 593963. We can create many such answers about the colour of Krishna. When we can create thread on rubbish things and discuss, why not we discuss this and entertain us. What I would say is - You lack sense of creativity, hence you oppose the members sense of creativity.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Even after spending six valuable years in this platform, you are still trying to explain the creativity associated with Krishna to some of the Editors of ISC! Are they ready to understand? Are they able to understand the following?

"Vasudeva Sutham Devam Kamsa Chaanoora Mardhanam
    Devaki Paramaanandham Krishnam Vande' Jagathgurum
    Adhasee Pushpa Sankaasam Haara Noopura Sobhitham
    Rathna Kangana keyooram Krishnam Vandhe' Jagathgurum
    Kutilaalaka Samyuktham Poorna Chandra Nibhaananam
    Vilasath Kundala tharam Krishnam Vandhe' Jagathgurum
    Mandhara Gandha Samyuktham Chaaru-haasam Chathur-bhujam
    Parhipinjaa Vasoodaangam Krishnam Vandhe' Jagathgurum
    Uthpulla Padma Patraksham Nilajimutha Sannibham
    Yaadhavaanaam Sirorathnam Krishnam Vandhe' Jagathgurum
    Rukmini Ke'li Samyuktham, Peethambara Su Sobitham
    Avaaptha Thulasi Gaandharam, Krishnam Vande Jagathgurum
    Gopikaanaam Kusathvanthva Kunkumaangitha Vakshasam
    Srinike'tham Maheshvaasam Krishnam Vandhe' Jagathgurum
    Srivatsaankam, Mahoraskam, Vana Maala Virayitham
    Sanka Chakra Dharam, Devam, Krishnam Vande Jagathgurum
    Krishnaashtakam itham Punyam Praatha Ruththaaya Ya:pade'th
    Ko'ti Janma Krutham Papam Smaranaath Thasya Nachyathi"

Partha, you may like to refresh your memory by referring to the guideline regarding posting a response in a regional/ foreign language other than English and adhere to the 'so-called' policies of this site.

I fail to understand what is a regional/foreign language. Is Sanskrit a regional/foregin language? Surely I have to go back to my school!

Mr. Saji,
    I did not ask why Aishwarya Rai is beautiful or Katrina Kaiff is wonderful and Tamanna is colourful or about any other celebrities. I simply asked about the universal God Lord Sri Krishna whom we worship and pray daily, praising his black and blue colour while we hate the black colour of a common man on this earth. The creative ideas posted by members would bring fun and joy to the members. That was the reason for creating such a thread on the black colour of a Lord which has been black listed by you.

The Lord won't get angry or annoyed if we create story on Him. We call Krishna as 'Makkan chor'(butter stealer) Does it hurt the feeling of devotees of Lord Krishna? Same is the case to know the colour of Black Lord. We can create new things to know why Krishna is black. Anyway, only the understanding people(editor) will understand this colour query. Most certainly, you won't understand even after repeated responses.

No life without Sun ¤

Partha, I wish you could spare some time to go through the guidelines so that you don't need to go back to school once again. You are supposed to give a translation whenever you post a content that is not in the English language; simple, got it?

Sun, why this discrimination? I am surprised that you hate dark colored people despite being from the South. And what a comparison between Aishwarya Rai/ Katrina Kaif and Lord Krishna! I can't help but admit to your creativity which is far above the thinking capacity of an ordinary individual (read Editors).

Mr. Ganesh: I have to go back to school to know whether Sanskrit is a foreign/regional language (as earlier stated by you), or not. So far as translation of the verse is concerned, I am incapable of doing it because of my shallow knowledge of English and Sanskrit. Perhaps you can give a try!

Why do you prefer to project a confused image Partha? It is quite simple; you need to provide a translation if the content you post is not in English. And, if you are not in a position to do so, just avoid posting such contents that is beyond your purview. I am sorry, but your attitude is not acceptable!

Despite repeated efforts to confuse me, I am still not confused! "Partha, you may like to refresh your memory by referring to the guideline regarding posting a response in a regional/ foreign language other than English and adhere to the 'so-called' policies of this site."-This statement implies that Sanskrit is a foreign/regional language. Is it so?

2. I would request the Editor not to try to limit my thought processes in the name of attitude. Why is my attitude 'not acceptable'? What have I done? I only protested a comment of an Editor which I thought and (still think) not necessary in this thread.

Partha, does the guideline that 'No, you can submit a forum response only in English. ' need to be more clear? I, nor any of us, can explain with more clarity. Let us not act to be blind to facts!

I think,
    This thread is seeing a different colour than the black with Partha and Saji fighting on a language. I have created a different thread to discuss about the language Sanskrit. You both( Partha and Saji) can home on to that thread for serious discussion. Leave this thread free to discuss whether we can discuss about Krishna while we can discuss Bhagavat Gita.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, it is not about fighting, it is simply about understanding and following guidelines. I don't mind being termed a dictator in place of editor as long as I am following the guidelines put forth by the admin. I have been made an editor to ensure that the policies of this site as envisaged by the WM is followed. I have stated earlier and would reiterate that no one, including me, is inevitable for an established site like ISC.
    I may respond to your thread in question but isn't Sanskrit a regional language? Let us discuss it in the other thread though it is of no meaning or purpose because facts cannot be challenged.

The thread about which Krishna was raised was not in a manner of a general discussion at all, but invited supposed "creative" thoughts on the Lord's complexion, which was totally inappropriate. As I said, we will see if the Webmasters are able to implement some feature which will enable members to see the reason why an editor deleted a thread (note that the reason need not always be given as we had discussed earlier.)

There is no point in having further discussions in this thread.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.