You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Active GD- Compulsory teaching of the Bhagavad Gita as part of the curriculum- Best Participants!

Friends, as you all are aware, the thread Should compulsory teaching of the Bhagavad Gita be a part of the curriculum submitted by Partha Kansabanik was subsequently converted into an Active GD taking into consideration the potential it had for a debate.

Though the number of participants was not very encouraging, we are glad to say that those who participated came up with some good and valid arguments for and against the topic and could keep the discussion alive. After having gone through all the responses and assessing the points put forth by individual members, we have selected four best participants in this GD and they, in the order of merit, are-

1) Ramakrishna Kambhampati

2) Sushma

3) Joyshree and

4 Jeets

The best participants will get a reward of Rs 100/- each. Other eligible members, if any, will also be given some additional points and cc against the best response posted by them.

I would like to register my special appreciation for Lonika who had joined the discussion with some good points and had exhibited the potential to be a good contender for the best participant award in future GDs. And, a special thanks to Sun for his timely interventions that has helped in maintaining the tempo of the discussion and to all those who participated actively in the GD.

A special note

Members are requested to-

*read and understand a GD topic properly before coming up with arguments.

*stick to the topic. Do not deviate from the main subject. It is quite natural to draw connections or make references but one must make it a point to get back to the topic of discussion. Any deviation from the main topic that is likely to affect the flow of a discussion is not advisable.

*try to add on or elaborate on points already submitted instead of harping on the same point in different words time and again.

*avoid getting personal. Each participant in a debate is free to choose his stand and though one can and has to challenge and try to disprove another's point, it should be limited to the views only and not on a personal level. Let us not discard dignity and decency for the sake of cementing a view.

*The editor who is moderating a GD will have the final say (in consultation with the team) in matters of dispute and a point or guidance put forth as a response by the moderator need not be responded to by the participating members.

Hope all our members who are regular participants in GDs and those who are planning to take part in future GDs may kindly note the above points for compliance please.

We are planning to conduct Active GD more frequently provided we have the co-operation and support of our learned members.

Friends join me in congratulating the best participants of this Active GD!
    My hearty congratulations to the winners of the GD - Ramakrishna, Sushma, Joyshree and Jeets. My return thanks to Saji Ganesh for his special thanks to SUN. Indeed it was an excellent topic to discuss. According to myth, 108 is a favourite number. The GD had 1+107 =108 (One message and 107 responses).

Well done winners. Keep it up.

No life without Sun

It was indeed a very intense discussion and we hope more members participate with enthusiasm in future GDs too. Congratulations to Sushma, Joyshree, Jeets and Ramakrishna Kambhampati for their winning debates!
    Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

First of all a big thanks to Mr. Partha for raising this thread. Then Thank you Vandana madam for converting such a burning hot topic into a GD. Next congratulations to other winners who won the GD along with me. I support whatever Saji Sir said. Above all, we must keep the true spirit of ISC, which is spreading knowledge among everyone.
    Live life Kingsize!

My hearty congratulations to the co-winners of active GD. Thanks for selecting me as one of the best participants of the GD.

My hearty congratulation to all the winners.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Congratulations to all the winners. This was a very healthy group discussion and we enjoyed the comments of members covering various aspect of the proposition. I wish we will have more such GDs in future where we will be able to contribute and put forward our related views in ISC platform.
    Knowledge is power.

Hearty congrats to Ramakrishna Kambhampati , Sushma , Joyshree and Jeets for winning the Active GD on Compulsory teaching of the Bhagavad Gita as part of the curriculum as all of them deserve a pat on their back for maintaining the GD all through their best comments. Also a word of appreciation to Lonika for exhibiting good talent with some good points and also Sun for maintaining the tempo of the GD. All deserves applause.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Why there is special note this time? I don't agree with Saji that anyone were in in "personal" with any one in the last GD. First of all I would like to mention that GD's are like a war in words. If that don't happen the interest of GD will go away. Also would like to mention that one should not feel offended if someone taking someone's name. It is GD and GD'S are not fight with emotional people. Those who feel offended easily should not join the GD at first place. One more thing that if someone throwing some unwanted words to someone, she should be ready to get in return. Just because some one is editor doesn't mean she has the every power. It is all because of wrong assumption to get angry in GD and take it personally. Hope next time when we meet in GD it should be like GD and not cool forum thread.

However congratulations to "all above mentioned member" including Ramakrishna, Sushma and Jeet to lucky enough to be name in winner list.

Jeets, why do you keep repeating the same point again and again? Your point was already noted and registered. Digging graves doesn't serve any purpose.
    The special note was added because it was felt necessary. You are free to take it or leave it but please do not divert this announcement thread to a different level.
    Members are requested to concentrate on the main thread please. Kindly note that any irrelevant response in furtherance will be deleted.

Cash rewards for the best participants have been credited.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

I wish to congratulate my co-winners of this contest Sushma, Joyshree and Jeets and also all the participants who actively participated in this contest to make the GD lively. I hope ISC management will conduct some more such interesting topics as GD's in the future too.

Congratulations to Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Sushma, Joyshree and Jeets for being selected as best participants in the GD.

Hearty Congratulations to Ramakrishna Kambhampati, Sushma, Joyshree and Jetts for getting recognised as best participants in the GD: Compulsory teaching of the Bhagavad Gita as part of the curriculum. My congratulations to Lonika for getting special appreciation.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.