You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

We may not adjust with the time, at least we may manage to do so.

For many being in time or coping up with time is the great task and they often fail. They think that time is shorter for them and they often miss the great opportunities due to their miss management of time. When we cannot respect the time, we have no right to waste others time too. It is better we manage ourselves to adjust with the time , otherwise in this race to achieve something good and great, we may be left far behind. So next time never blame the time, it is we who must change and manage the time accordingly.
    It is quite disheartening to see members raising threads on the same or similar topic with few changes here and there. At the cost of being questioned upon, I would like to know how this thread is different from the thread Do you race against time or frame yourself inside the time that was raised by the author on 13th March (I am locking the same now). Is not the question being asked by the author calling for the same answer? I am neither locking nor deleting this thread so that the author may give his valuable opinion about the doubt I have put forth. One can ask 'how many birds were there in the cage' and one can also ask 'were there more than two birds in the cage' and so on!
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance- George Bernard Shaw.

While raising thread we do not refer to all those threads raised in these seven years. By the way any matter can be interpreted in different way. Just because as matter was discussed some time back it cannot be considered waste topic for discussion again. Anyway if the editor finds the content of both the threads were same they have the liberty to act. For that matter I can cite many threads which were raised again and again on same topics and we do respond without previous mentions.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: I totally agree. Selective implementation of 'so-called' policy always creates problem and bad blood,. This simple truth is never understood by the political leaders and some Editors.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Mohan, a mistake or wrong doing by one should not be an excuse for us to commit the same. I do agree that there may have been threads on the same topic that might have come up for discussion here and it is possible that an old idea has been put up in a new form with a different query and it is also possible that editors may not be in a position to remember a thread that was raised sometime back. But this particular case is different because you are the author of both the threads and the other thread is still active. Action by editors are always taken after considering different aspects and our endeavor is to be as fair and judicious as possible. You are entirely within your rights to justify your position but editors follow certain laid down policies with a leverage for a certain amount of error which is part of human nature.
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance- George Bernard Shaw.

Saji if your word is to be taken for granted. I challenge every topic discussed supposed to be raised fresh might have discussed in the ISC history. So that means we cannot raise any issue at all ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

K Mohan,

You don't seem to be getting the crux of the matter at all. When a topic has been raised very recently & may even be still live (meaning the thread is open for discussion as yet, not having gone beyond 10 days) why on earth would you raise a thread on the same topic? Could you not have put the text of this thread as response in that thread itself?

We do give some leeway in allowing old topics to be raised again (e.g. the love marriage vs arranged marriage) but not necessarily all such topics (e.g. one on caste vis a vis marriage/employment/educational seats.) What we are trying to achieve here is not supposed selected implementation, but trying to avoid too much duplication of discussion. Hence, even in cases where a repeat topic comes up, we are likely to close the thread early so that fresh topics may be discussed.

If any members do feel that more than one thread has been raised on a topic, then they are free to bring it to the attention of the forum editors by sending a message with the URLs to Lead Editor Saji. In fact, Partha himself too pointed out in a thread on caste about how the topic is a much discussed one. So, just as a general member can point it out, why can't an editor too do the same (as is the case with this thread)? Why should the editor be challenged?

It would be wise to close this thread now and focus on other threads.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sign In to post your comments