Summer is on the way – precautions for childrenAs we are nearing summer, the precautions to face the same in respect of ourselves are expected but the more expectations to be placed for children. The following are:
1. The possible diseases in children during summer are Dehydration, urinal infection, loss of appetite, small pox, skin disorders etc.,
2. We can give them vegetables contains more water like pumpkin, chowchow, cucumber added in cooking daily. Besides we can provide them with tender coconut, buttermilk, fruit juice, palm water, etc., by preventing bottled juices or drinks which are normally interested by them. As the possibility of indigestion is high during this season in them , we should avoid the food items which are not digesting easily.
3. We can use cotton or Khadi dresses during summer. Jeans, Polyester dresses are not easily sucking the sweating of the body and the dresses of such types should be avoided.
4. They are interested to play outside during the summer. We have to avoid this situation to the possible extent and we can advice them to play in the evening when the sun set is starting.
5. We should avoid giving them refrigerated water on any account during the summer. Instead we can keep a big earthen pot with good water in the corner of the hall and make them to use the pot water whenever required. As the pots are keeping the water with 'Reverse osmosis' method, the natural cool can be availed from the pot water.