You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

I would like to say few things about my articles

Dear Admin/ Editors.

First of all I admit that I am not a proficient writer as far as English is concerned. I have my own subject which is very familiar to me and I write only on those subjects. However, would like to mention here that It is discouraging to see the low amount of points and cc.

I have started writing articles since 2012 and since then my average cc is Rs.34/- in article section. Why I am mentioning it that there is no upgradation on cc. What I used to get in 2012, its the same continuing. As if there is a fixed amount of cc kept it for me.

Seriously, I don't expect much cc in those articles which I write it for ISC contest because these articles are written after searching the contents from other source and I have only little knowledge about it. However, those other articles which I write entirely depend on my own knowledge even if I search the contents in other source still I take my last call on it because I know the subjects very well.

Recently, I transfer my interest in writing in article section and wrote 3 articles in a week (it is a personal achievement for me because I never wrote 3 articles in such short time). I wrote 2 articles in my favorite subject and 1 for the contest. What surprised me that the cc I got is almost equal!
    Does editor don't go through the contents or subject?

I know very well that articles are given cc or points according to the subject and SEO basis. However, I would like to mention that my last article is written about IPL Cricketis the content no where written elsewhere in the net. It is totally my own thoughts. I feel that the cc and points don't justify my this particular article.

Hence, I would like to bring in the notice of ISC admin that please reconsider the amount of points and cc to my this particular article. I know I am not in good book of ISC editor but that should not spoil my hard work which I am giving it to write an article in a unique subject.

Thanks and regards,
    Jeets
    Mr. Jeets,
    I must say that you are a very lucky and fortunate member to earn Rs. 34 as an average CC for the articles posted by you so far. I feel myself unlucky that I could earn only Rs. 20/- on an average for my articles posted till todate. But I do not consider that editors are against me or any other member. They award what you deserve. I have no complaint against ISC in this respect.

No life without Sun ¤

Jeets,

Editors don't have any books or ledgers where members are registered as good, bad, whatever. Nor do we have "fixed" points and cc for any member. Please do not have such narrow-minded views of editors' assessment of content. Look at things with an open mind please. We always appreciate efforts put in by members, whether in an article or a post in another section. We have certain parameters as laid down by the Webmasters (does not include any personality judgement / character analysis I assure you) while reviewing content and based on that the points and cash credits are assigned. However, in case an article has inadvertently received too less and it has been brought to our notice, we will definitely review it after internal discussions.

We will check out the article mentioned and get back to you on this.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sun, I don't write on recipe kind of articles nor on that subject which are already written 1000 times. If you don't feel your article don't deserve more than what you accepted, is totally your concern but please don't spoil my articles comparing based on yours. Everyone have their own unique style of writing. If there is a need to complaint it should be done and I don't think find wrong in it.

ME, I don't want to argue with you. Please do the needful. How can an article written in 400 words and other with 1500 words should get the same points and cc when two are totally different subjects? I know words are not important but the content but again, I have not just filled my articles with words.

Jeets,

Just cool it will you. Did I imply any argument?! Did I imply that you have filled your article with just empty words?! I have merely indicated that you should not have a wrong approach to how editors assess the content and have clearly stated that if less cc is given we will definitely review it again. I see nothing wrong in raising this thread at all; the manner in which the work of editors is done was implied was wrong.

ME, did I show aggressiveness in my this thread? It was entirely written with cool mind with fact and figure. But look at your response, you can easily find who need the cool mind. How can you comment that I have "narrow mind"? Was it require to mention about my thinking whether it is narrow or open? First you do mistake in writing and commenting and when I say something it become aggressive nature.

I highly object on your comment, will you please edit that?

Mr. Jeets
    I fully agree that your articles are far superior to my articles. Because of its superiority in nature, they could fetch 34 against my 20. It was my appreciation and your articles must be excellent and superior to other ISC members' articles. It is a complimentary from me. Anyway, ME is on this thread to do good for you. Let us wait for her action to solve your grievances.

No life without Sun ¤

There may not be discrimination factor as opined by the author while awarding cc to the articles approved. It is purely based on the "real information" shared by the author connected to the topic. The more the detailing about the article the more the cash credits. I have seen some articles earning a handsome of rupees 100 as cash credit and those articles are having good presentation title wise, summary wise, illustrations, images and of course with detailed content to the understanding level of net users and finally a conclusion part. All these make a good article of lasting impression.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Of late, I have been noticing abysmally low points and cash credits in Articles section. Some of my articles have got as low as 15 points and equal cash credits! Same problem is happening with other Members also. I think some Editors (not the ME) have suddenly become very strict.

I hope the problem would be sorted out by the ME.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

We all including the editors are human beings. There are different categories of ISC members. Silent members, soft members, polite members, aggressive members, funny members, hatred members, favourite members, etc. It is a human tendency to show their likings and dislikings to each other. ISC editors being human being are not an exemption to this phenomena of like and dislike. They may have their own liking and disliking. As I often say, when love is thin, fault is thick, the points and CC can also go weak and thin if a member is not liked due to their natural habit not welcomed by ISC. We cannot avoid if editors do injustice to members by awarding less points/cash credits. Generally, it should not happen, but it could happen. This is mainly attributable to human behaviour.
    No life without Sun ¤

Sun I wont agree with your observation which is castigating doubts on the very attitude of editors. Please remember they are also members like you and me and given additional responsibility of editing. Moreover what I feel there cannot be discrimination as such as opined by you. A article would speak of itself when it is presented in good way with much detailing and the editor would love to grant good cc and points. And every article is closely watched and reviewed by ME and it cannot go wrong as far as cc or points allotted. So your observations seems to be vague and cannot be accepted.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    I am sure. Once a CC is awarded by an editor will not be taken back or reconsidered by other editors or ME. They always support the editor concerned with all the reasons they have. I have never seen ISC management going against the defaulting editors.

No life without Sun ¤

#594202 Mohan ji, I would not have come back to reply in this thread until the reply from ME. However your one sentence caught my eyes you said, "The more the detailing about the article the more the cash credits. " And your this response gets cc too, it means the editor feel that you are right. Now, you tell me how an article of 400 words and 1500 words gets the same points and cc? There is definitely something lacking and this why I raised my complaint.

Jeets,
    There is no wonder. If someone greets, praises or supports ISC, they get some CC. It is not wrong. This is an encouragement. If there is no support to ISC, you get no CC. It is not peculiar to ISC only but for any organisation. I too wonder why an article of 400 words and 1500 words get same points and CC. There is a vast difference between 400 and 1500 ( nearly four folds) There could be some zero omission error from editors. Let us wait for our ME's visit.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, it is a shame that you are carrying this attitude and opinion about ISC admin and its editors after having been associated with this site for six long years which you celebrated recently.
    Prove your point, with evidence, about praises and good words being related to points and cc allotted to members if you can and I am sure you will be able to ensure an exodus of editors from this site and can feel proud and happy about having been able to cleanse this site of the alleged favoritism.
    Editors being humans, are prone to errors but casting such an allegation without any conclusive basics is nasty, to say the least and need to be condemned.

Jeets, sorry for this response that is not connected to your thread.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Dear Editor,
    I won't respond to your response 594260. The inner heart of the Editor should respond to his own response. There is nothing to feel shame. It is the many long years experience that makes me to say the above. It is my own good feeling, nothing else. I don't want to add anything and make it nasty. Let this thread be clean with this.

To err is human - an excellent proverb to understand.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun why are you shying away? We don't have to introspect because we are sure about what we do and need to do; and we have accepted our mistakes and corrected ourselves whenever the points were felt genuine.
    But for a senior member like you to make a general statement like this is not at all acceptable. Your good feelings cannot be allowed to point fingers at editors and make irresponsible statements which puts a question on their integrity and hard-work. Be clear about what you say; remember that this a public platform and editors are not here to keep listening to whatever members put across in whichever way they feel. Why this indifferent attitude when it comes to editors? Do you feel that we are free for all?
    Common Sun, remember that words spoken (written in this case) cannot be swallowed. If you can't or don't want to prove your allegation, I feel I am very much within my right as a member of the editorial team to demand an apology from your end.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Dear Saji,
    Award of less CC is the point of discussion, not only in this thread but also other recent threads from senior members like me. Editors play a key role in award of more CC or less CC. The editor should satisfy himself with the answers from their own good heart. There is no need for an apology from any end. To err is human(I repeat) to err is human.

No life without Sun ¤

Article reviewed & cc increased due to its uniqueness and good analysis. Title changed for SEO. Text tuned appropriately.

ME, thank you.

Now, can you please edit your sentence in
    #594190 "Please do not have such narrow-minded views of editors' assessment of content. Look at things with an open mind please.

I find it totally unnecessary and unwanted from your side.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.