You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Continue to be disillusioned - can this be remedied

I am back once again with my complaint about the extremely low points & CC for the recently conducted contest on 'medicinal values'. What is surprising is that the award being offered too is low and there can be only three winners, but I am not complaining about that. However, I continue to be shocked at the continued low points & CCs being awarded for the articles that I have written after much consideration and the reassurance posted in the thread that quality will be honoured. I fail to understand where my articles fail in quality. There is no unnecessary beating around the bush to make up the word count. There are no ambiguous statements or questionable data. The articles are well formatted, with suitable sub-headings. The word count is above 750 words for most articles. There is no fluff; the content is crisp and informative, and the language quite satisfactory, if I may say so. Then why the low CC? I am left disillusioned. This is such a turnoff.
    Yes the author made the valid request for good cc and points. I have even responded to some of the articles and read many which were detailed and as per the norms stipulated and she needs to be pacified.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Juana
    Am busy today with with festive preparations and will remain so tomorrow with Ugaadi (Telugu New Year's day) celebration. Will look into it on resuming work / edits day-after tomorrow.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Since the author has raised the point here again even after an assurance was given by the ME in another active thread, I am locking the earlier thread with a request to all to read both the threads together so that the possible confusion is avoided.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Kalyani,

Thank you.

Saji,

The author has raised the point again because despite the assurance her articles continued to receive low points and CC.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana, I am copy-pasting the response by ME in the thread to which a link has been provided for clarification-

"A reassuring note to everyone:
    Although this complaint has been posted by Juana, it is not as though we will be dealing only with her complaint. Since others too have indicated they may have got fewer cc than expected, we will review everyone's articles too. A second review is always done in any case for every articles contest before the winners are finalized. At that time, we not only double check for adherence to submission guidelines, but also, if really worthy of it, we do increase the cc too. So just be patient please even if you do not right away see a change in the cc of your articles.

Note also that the points and cc is never considered as a basis for finalizing the winning entries for any articles contest."

Hope you got it as to when the review will be done, or is it that we need to be more specific? All articles submitted for the contest will be checked and reviewed again before announcement of results and the needful will be done at that time. The present points and cc may be considered as a base mark which is usually awarded to the first answer paper a teacher checks that is always susceptible to changes either way.

And Juana, the earlier thread was still open!

Saji,

I cannot comprehend the behaviour of someone who is a stickler for rules when it comes to everyone else. An editor has already responded to my query, and I see your responses as nothing but a needless attempt to try and find fault. What is the point of reviving a thread that had received a satisfactory response, with points that do nothing else, but needle? Such haranguing, each and every time, with every member, does not go down very well.

Yes, the thread was still open. It was regarding CC and points that I had received and it was answered, though not immediately. The first response was "we are checking out the issue". The new thread brought in another issue, of my newer articles, continuing to receive low points and CC. The trend had not changed, and it needed to be brought in afresh. Would I have received a different response had I raised this issue in the old thread?

What was the need to rush through the approval of my articles in the first place? Is this how a teacher awards base points?

Please tone down your sarcasm. Don't try and cow me down with your intimidation tactics that you use on everyone else.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

The Editors need to be more specific. What is the basis of evaluation of articles? When an article (of mine) gets 35 points and 35 cash credits, then how does a similar article (on another vegetable) get 15 points and 15 cash credits? Is it an objective assessment?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Juana at #594289, your last sentence says it all and so I don't think there is a need to explain any further. Let those who read with a fair mind conclude the idea and the thought behind your response.

Let those with a fair mind read the entire conversation and judge, why does my last sentence alone have to be the focus of an entire episode?!

It will be ideal for the concerned editors of Article section, especially the editors who awarded the points & CC to come forward and give their response to the query raised by the author. As Lead Editor Kalyani has already assured action after her return vide her response #594238, Why should other editor attempt and spoil the thread with unnecessary dialogues? I really wonder. Why?
    No life without Sun ¤

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

I don't understand why doesn't the concerned Lead Editor simply say:"The points credit and the cash credit will be re-evaluated in due course". This simple statement would solve the problem. Instead he is beating around the bush. He talks everything except the real problem.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

No life without Sun ¤

Patha,

That is what the editor concerned, Kalyani, said yesterday in the third response (#594238) in this thread. Couldn't anybody wait till tomorrow (the day after which she referred to yesterday)?

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

No life without Sun ¤

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.