You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Your contribution to "Swacch Bharat Mission"

Since Modi became the Prime Minister of India, he introduced "Swacch Bharat Mission" as an initiative to keep India clean and in hygienic condition. Well, this is a good initiative taken by our PM, and since then Swacch Bharat Mission has spread around everywhere. A huge number of people have come forward voluntarily to accomplish this mission. You being an Indian citizen, what was your contribution to this mission apart from just keeping your house and its surrounding clean? Please mention your contribution(s).
    Every Sunday, I shall gather all the striven waste papers and plastic items that would gather through wind and natural process around our vicinity would be consigned to flames. In our Municipal area they have provided us with two buckets, one for the dry waste and another for the wet waste. So every household are now habituated to segregate the waste and part the same with the Municipal van which comes to collect every day morning for a fee of 50 per month. So what ever waste is seen out side home and surroundings are cleaned and lit on fire. This has become routine affair now.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,

You are polluting the environment in your attempt to keep your own environment clean. People need to be educated.

Setting things ablaze is not a solution for maintaining cleanliness. By consigning plastic items to the flames you are creating health hazards for your community. Do you realise that plastic is toxic and should not be burnt? It releases toxic fumes that fill the air and can cause respiratory disorders? Do you know that the melted plastic will seep into the ground and contaminate the ground water?

Please use the bins that the corporation has provided to dispose of the paper and plastic that you collect. Please stop contributing to the pollution.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

My contributions to "Swacch Bharat Mission". I am keeping my house clean. Whatever waste is generating in the house we are keeping in dust bin and handing over to waste collector. We are not leaving any waste water on the roads. While we travel the remnants are not being thrown on the roads.

In our office also dust bins are placed at different places and seeing that waste is being put into it and the waste is being handed over to the municipal waste collector.

In my house open area we have planted trees and plants and they are being groomed properly.

We stopped using plastic covers and using to the maximum possible extent cloth bags.

drrao
    always confident

When the corporation staff fails to lift the plastic and other waste from the streets, then who will do that. I cannot bring the street waste to my dust bin and hence put it on fire.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,

If you take on a job then do it well. Find another way to dispose of the garbage. Why increase the pollution? Have some regard for the environment and for people's health.

I am severely allergic to smoke from trash and have landed in the emergency/ICU many a time because of this irresponsible act, by people who set garbage on fire.

If you cannot set things right, the right way, then they are best left the way they are. Do not compound the problem. Setting garbage on fire just so your street remains clean is a thoughtless act.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments