You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Can I attach a pic with my resource taken from a free site?

There are many free sites which provides free images and video to use anywhere. Like pixabay.com/,www.shutterstock.com/, etc. Can I use images from this site to make my resources more effective?
    Please check out the guidelines here and see whether your doubt could be cleared. Do post a response here either way.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

As per ISC rules and regulations we are not supposed to take any image from any source. You have the right to create your own image and then publish.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

No, it is not allowed. Pls remove the images that you have attached in your articles. The shutterstock images come with watermark, so these are not allowed in ISC articles.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Kalyani,

Are images copied from the internet not allowed at all, or are they allowed if specific conditions are met? For instance, can an image from an online source be posted along with an article if a mention to the source of the image is mentioned? Please clarify if there is a blanket ban on such images.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Thanks to all. Now I will remove the images which I have taken from free sites. I copied images from free sites because most of the sites allow it. Thanks again for your guidance.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Juana
    Images (taken from internet) that are not copyright protected can be used in articles but you need to mention the source of the image. You can embed 2-3 such images and not too many.

Images with copyright cannot be / are not allowed in ISC.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

There are many free sites which allows us to copy images. As experienced by me, we can copy images from the free sources and attach it with our articles and posts. However, at ISC, we need to indicate the source by simply saying Note: Image 'Courtesy Pixabay'etc.
    No life without Sun ¤

Where should we can indicate the source of image in article. I did not find any place to do so at the time of attachement .
    Honesty is the best policy.

You have to mention it in the article so that it appears just below the image in the article.
    You don't have to do it in the page where you upload the attachment.

Thank you, Kalyani for the clarification.

Ankit, I always wondered how the credits were displayed under copied images. Now I know.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments