You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

While ISC gives ranks and positions here, why not a performing report card ?

I do appreciate the webmasters of this site for creating such a wonderful features which shall update our contributions, accumulations of points, awarding ranks, mentioning positions but all these goes in vain unless and until we have the report card of every member as regards to their working style, how they behave with other members, how they cooperate on issues, how they help the new members even before editors comes to rescue. Such kind of report card can be created and placed in the members dash board as the citation. Any takers ?
    Mr. K Mohan, you have raised a very nice and good issue. Certainly it will motivate the members to contribute more. And also member will able to see his performance. Now let see webmaster's opinion about it.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Mohan,
    Such performance report cards are not required. And it is not easy to maintain the records of vast members of ISC. One can go through the profile page of the member to know how a member performs at ISC. The awards and gifts speaks about the members good performance or bad performance, in addition to the member's level and rank. It is not ideal to display the members character, working style, behaviour, cooperation etc. I am not for it.

No life without Sun

Mr. Mohan,

Let me respond here as a member and my views are purely personal. The performance report card publication by ISC admin is not viable and an ideal one also. Already the rank of a member which gets fluctuated up or down based on the contributions during the week and that itself is a performance indicator. The behavioral aspects with other members and their guidance to new members are visible to everyone who follow the threads regularly. Even the Admin is recognizing them with the Badges like 'Guide' and 'Mentor'. Frankly, some hard feelings go thick while the understanding capabilities are thin which finally result in unwarranted discussions on each and every topic.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Mr. Mohan: Once I heard that ISC has more than 10,000 Members. If this is true, a dedicated team on full-time basis would be required to prepare weekly performance reports of all Memers. And do we require this? I think fortnightly ranking is sufficient to unerstand a particular Member's activity.

Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I am not asking for the report card of all the members. At least those who are regular and vibrant can be considered for this proposal.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I somehow inclined to agree with the Author of this thread. Regular or Super Expert in different sections be it in Forum, AE, Resource etc are displayed as Super Contributor on the top list list of particular section. A top five member... May be... They should be assigned that card in their dashboard.
    Be the Hero of the zero hour!

Mr Mohan,
    Can you post a model performance card in this thread? The same can be posted by the member who wish to know his/her performance by raising a special thread titled "Please assess my performance", and all the members of ISC would fill that card to satisfy the member.

If at all, you wish your performance report to be prepared, who is the ISC authority whom you recommend to assess your performance? Is it WM Tony John or Managing Editor, or Editors? I think, Members are the best judges to assess your performance.

Also, can you list out the regular and vibrant members of ISC?

No life without Sun

ISC data base has all the inputs which can be tabulated to create a report card of every member and as a member I may not have access to all the details. Webmaster Timmy can be assigned this responsibility.
    K Mohan

Here are the sample mentions which can appear on a report card:

Which section the member is more inclined and got maximum exposure ?
    What are writing capabilities , whether he is creative in nature, normal or cites examples enough ?
    Content wise has the member ever convince the authors to whom the member has responded ?
    What are the plus and minus points in member writing wise , Is there any chance for improvement ?
    Is he cooperative to other members and also to the ISC ?

K Mohan

Mohan,
    I would say that it would be an useless and wasteful effort for the ISC Admin to prepare such a meaningless report card. The items you mentioned can be well understood by the other active, regular and vibrant members of ISC by going through the Article, Ask Expert and forum sections. Let us not over burden Mr. Timmy M john who is the paymaster performing his job without any complaint from the members. Think something good for the betterment of ISC and its members.

No life without Sun

Sun you being a creative thinker to the core, suggest a report card from your end.
    K Mohan

Mohan,
    When I am not interested in a performance report card, it is imprudent to ask me to suggest a report card from my end. Forget about the performance report card and think something better than performance report card.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments