You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

If only ISC was a wishing well, or may be, it is! Spell out your unfulfilled wishes!

Have you heard about wishing wells? It is a kind of well where you throw a coin after you wish about something. Wishing well is said to grant your wishes if you are really honest about it. If we think of ISC, then it gives you knowledge about various things, keeps you updated with current information, news etc, answers all your queries, helps you impart whatever you know through informative resources, helps you raise questions and complaints against ISC itself and its workers through forum complaints and, the most surprising part of all is that ISC almost pays for everything of the above you do.

Why not call ISC a wishing well then? I can talk about myself that I always wanted to be an editor in content development. I have done a lot of content development before but I got to be an editor for the first time here only.

Having said that, I have one wish that ISC has not granted yet. I wished that during the birthdays of the members of ISC, it could send a flower bouquet to them. It feels special when you send bouquet to a birthday boy or girl; if not all members, ISC can send bouquet to the senior ISC members at least. I had raised a thread regarding this last year.

In this thread, I want to know from the participants as to which of their wishes did ISC grant. You can also mention if this wishing well has not granted any of your wishes as yet.

Members are requested to express their frank wishes (practical) and opinions without being critical of the opinion of others.
    Some times I feel that I am the member of Opposition party with cabinet rank and when ever I tried to give a suggestion or demand it was denied and not accepted. You know being a opposition party leader is the strong position and by virtue of observing closely on all issues and deliberations I some times give suggestions and views to even members and ISC but some members do take it sportively and ISC may not. This kind of discard note prevents any one from making any kind of suggestions in future too. Good suggestions must be welcomed and accepted but instead played down.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Joyshree,
    My good wish from the wishing well ISC was - I wanted the Web Master Tony John or any other Web Master to come up and congratulate me when I posted a message on completion of Six years of service. The Web Masters remained silent. I was disappointed. Hence, the wishing well did not fulfill my desire. I felt that all my hard work put in at ISC as a Platinum member has gone in vain. ISC well is good, but it doesn't fulfill all our wishes. ISC well has its own likes and dislikes.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun, sorry, I missed your 6 year completion thread. My apologies. I agree that I am spending less time in the forum to motivate members here due to my other commitments. I am in the process of starting a Digital Marketing coaching centre and it takes up a lot of time.

Anyway, congratulations on completing 6 years with us. And a big thank you for being a valuable contributor to ISC.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

OMG,
    My sincere thanks to WM Mr. Tony John for his presence in this thread and for his belated congratulatory message. I am fully satisfied now.
    Also, My sincere thanks to Joyshree for raising this thread which fulfilled my desire.

No life without Sun ¤

Not every wish in our life can be fulfilled. Similarly every wish in ISC might not get fulfilled. There remains certain restrictions which becomes difficult to overcome. But I am very very glad that Sun Sir 's wish got fulfilled. Congratulations Sun Sir on giving such dedicated service to ISC for a long time.

P.S.: Tony Sir can my wish of posting a bouquet on ISC member's birthday be fulfilled? Hoping for the best!!1

Live life Kingsize!

ISC is a very good place for interested people to share their views on various matters of discussion. Members can learn so many things through this site. All the members are getting benefited in minimum three ways namely, sharing your views, getting updates you require and some cash in deserving cases basing on their contributions. One should appreciate this. As mentioned in earlier replies the good work should be continued. The top people should consider at least sending a mail to the member on his birthday wishing him all the best. That will definitely act as motivation to many. It is also better to accept the suggestions of members if it is good or explain them why it is not accepted. That will also make the members happy.
    drrao
    always confident

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Live life Kingsize!

• Sign In to post your comments