You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Working days and Holidays

Hello ISCians,

I hope you all are keeping well.

I'm a daily wage earner, originally from Nagaland. My dad's was from Jharkand of Ranchi district and my mom is a natives of Nagas. My dad used to speak Hindi, English, Assamesse and Bengali. I think that's the reason I could speak all these languages fluently. We commonly speak Bengali (Bengla). On the top of that people trust me to offer more odd jobs constantly because may be I can speak all these languages.

Ok... Right now the builer is only making us keep accounts, and that includes some bit of store keeping. I'm hoping later on, I'll get the windows and door painting contracts, and if my partner Das and me are lucky, he might get us the Barnishing contract too.

The painting jobs are honestly tough for me. I develop headaches with them, but additional money is always welcome because my sister is still in school and I need to keep some for my education and debts.
    Once I become a proficient software engineer, I'll be more comfortable but that's a long way. There is more eight years to go since I'm at 2nd year B.com fron TGOU.

Now that rainy seasons has arrived. Under such situation, my jobs will remain pending (Holidays) until the weather turn up pleasantly to me. It's also very dangerous to walk at the edge of the roads.

No working day for me as of this seson.
    I salute your doggedness. I respect the way you have accepted the challenges life has thrown your way. I appreciate you taking responsibilities, instead of bemoaning your fate. Hats off to you for the pride you take in who you are and what you do.

You have not mentioned your age, but going by what you had to say about yourself I take you to be in your late teens or early twenties. I am amazed to see such maturity in someone your age.

My sincere advice to you is to take one day at a time. Keep believing in yourself and know that your perseverance will lead to better days ahead. You are a remarkable young man, and I see a bright future for you. You might not become a software engineer with a B.Com degree, but you can carve a niche for yourself in a field that your qualification supports. Good luck to you.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want - Psalm 23:1

You have been through a lot and you are doing a lot at once. But there's one thing that I couldn't understand. You want to be a software engineer right? Why didn't you choose the path in the beginning itself, engineering that is. You are supporting yourself and that's great. For a simple student like me, you are simply a role model. And the way you put things is amazing. Your language is quite good. And the hardworking man you are, I don't think even the weather will stop you from working. I guess you already have a plan under your sleeve.
    Best of luck..

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

@Juana, thanks for the compliment. I'm 22 years old. After our mom left us (divorced) my dad was taking care of my sister. Dad served for GREF department as a casual labourer from the past three decades and finally left us forever.

Either willingly or unwillingly, I have to accept the responsibilities to support and to finance for my sister's education along with many outstanding expenditures.

One of my Aunty recommended me to pursue higher studies in BPP, B.COM and finally MCA graduate. That's the reason why I opt for B.com.

Thank you very much for the encouragement.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

@Aditya, I really needed a regular job. Apart from cars and two wheelers we haven't got a home of our own. We live in old GREF camp which is an old quarter (KACCHA KHAR). I pursued B.com after completing BPP with 92 marks in math and 61 marks in social studies expecting that I'll certainly get atleast a job paying regular job.

To be honest, I rushed... However, I completed my C programming language and learning Java 4 to 5 hours a day. Master in Computer Application is the option for me.

First of all I wish you success in your venture for higher education and permanent job.

I suggest, you please approach some well wishers of your father in the GREF. Let them know your real situation. Ask their help and guidance o get you a consistent job which can help your family run daily needs and also to enable you to continue education.
    You can also contact some good people in your area who have knowledge and have the mentality to help others. Take the guidance of experienced and knowledgeable persons who are magnanimous and helping in nature.
    The world has still many good people who are ready to help the needy.
    You may also think of doing some job works or preparations which you can do sitting inside your place of stay. Please be open to ask and get help and guidance from those who are near you and able to do that.

Dear John,
    As observed by me through your thread postings, you have the intelligence, knowledge, ability and strength to overcome your shortcomings. No Holiday for you, but all working days with your thinking. I wish you success in all your attempts.

You shall overcome....You shall overcome......
    You shall overcome one day
    Oh! Deep in my heart......... I do believe....
    You shall overcome some day.

No life without Sun ¤

@Venviteswaran, my dad was a casual labourer. On the top of that, most of the high class people are not willing to help me out because I look different.

There are around 13 families who worked at GREF department are now homeless. I also need to help them out. They hardly earn a living because the are too old and weak. We used to help them regularly every month rendering rices to six (6) old men.

Recently, my aunt who lives in Hyderabad asked me to sent the Identity cards of these people but found no records in GREF Dept. database. They also need free medications.

In Hindi there is a saying that "Halaath Sab Kuch Sika Detha hai" , that means situation would force us to learn many things even though we may dodge or reluctant to accept. Some times the life and luck would be so cruel to us ,as we are pushed to the challenging situation in life. Normally people fail to take challenge and in your case you have taken the challenges of life to the shoulder. That should be the spirit. You are a young boy and having lots of scopes in future. Just because the season is dull you cannot take excuse. You are now computer qualified. Be as the instructor at some computer Institute and also say some tuition at home and mitigate the financial burden.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Oh..what an introduction of thyself!! The situation is so inspiring to one and all though we might have come across of such kind of truths. Every ISCian here definitely think of and get ready to guide you for better future.

But I'm not here to guide you as big salutes from senior members of this platform are already there on the way. One simple word to you is you are so matured enough to study, research and adapt the environments around you. Today you may be in a position to look around of yourself and your owned society but I visualise you on top of the peak as an umbrella with your owned society standing beneath it.

All the very best to you my dear.

Sign In to post your comments