You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Is it possible to make the text in ISC pages not selectable?

Many times we complain that our articles are getting copied in some other websites. In such cases, we need to ask the author to remove the content from his website or file a DMCA complaint. Is it possible to make the text in ISC pages not selectable? Though there are other methods to copy the content of such pages but a blogger with no technical knowledge cannot copy the Article easily.
    I am not a technical savvy person to address this question forthrightly but being a layman and having some knowledge about computer,what I feel that there are so many tools available to copy the pages and contents and even the ISC resort to non selectable mode of contents, the culprits would be playing their tricks. But what I suggest that ISC must place a big warning after approving every article that " This article is sole creation and sharing of the author and those who copy the contents or even distort it would punished in the court of law ". If such warnings are placed surely there must be some alert in wrong doers.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In this era of net, the copy cats are moving faster than the original creators. It is really irritating the main motto has gone to back with these copy cats and the worst one is youtube anything may be uploaded, viewed and commented.

In this point, I remember a meme sent for whatsapp, please change it to forwardsapp as it is not whats up no more.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

There are practically no ways to make text not copiable from a web page. As part of browsing, the text on a page is downloaded from the server to the local computer before it is displayed on a browser. So, technically, the text is already on the computer and there are lot of ways a person can copy them even if we make the page 'non selectable'. Making the text 'non selectable' on a page will break several other features on the page.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.