You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Extra long private buses with sleepers are dangerous to travel long distance.

It has now come to know through investigations that some private buses with extra long body to accommodate more luggage behind the rear tyres and also having sleeper facilities for the long distance passengers are actually proving to be risky and danger as the buses are invariably meeting with the accidents and taking the precious lives. With extra body and more weight through additional fittings of sleeper, the buses are loosing the center of gravity or equilibrium when sudden brakes are applied and thus involve in tragic accidents.
    We should accept extra long buses. We need to take risk in our life. It is not that all the extra long buses meet with the accidents. These days, the national highways are excellent for speedy travel. There are four lane and six lane roads to ensure safety with speed. The accidents could be due to the carelessness and casual attitude of the bus drivers, not the bus or its extra length. With one or two odd accidents, let us not conclude that extra long buses are dangerous for journey. The buses are test driven and proven for its roadworthy and safety.
    No life without Sun ¤

The private operators are extending the body over and above the chassis of original manufacturer to facilitate more goods beneath the seats and also facilitate sleepers which get more rates.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan,
    Though the private bus operators extend the length of the body of their buses, it is duly certified by the Regional Transport Authorities who are responsible for this. I have travelled in the extra long multi-axle buses. I did not feel uncomfortable and my bus never met with any accident. The journey was pleasant till todate. Also I prefer to travel in sleeper buses. Generally these buses have their engine on their rear, and the luggage compartment is located in the centre (between the wheels)

No life without Sun ¤

The recent accident in AP where in a private luxury bus fell inside the culvert and the findings of investigations have stated about these facts.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan,
    With one accident by a multi-axle extra long bus in Andhra Pradesh, we should not come to a conclusion. Just think about the ordinary buses or vans or cars or two wheelers meeting with accidents on a regular basis every day without fail. There are over many thousand extra long length buses in India. All are not prone to accidents. There could be some technical failure or the driver's fault.

No life without Sun ¤

I agree with Mr. Sun. 99% of the accidents are really due to carelessness and casual approach of driver only.In private buses only one driver will be there and the other driver cum cleaner will be there. The way they drive the bus in the nights is really a nightmare only. Lot of time will be spent in collecting the people from different parts of the city. Once they are out of city, they are not buses. They never stand on the road. They will jump and fly on the road. This careless drivining is the reason for majority of accidents. I travel in sleeper from Hyderabad to Nagpur. I never felt any problem in this journey.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments