You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Racist remarks by BJP MP Tarun Vijay on South Indians!!

To deny racism in India, BJP MP Mr.Tarun Vijay passed racism remarks on South Indian's in TV Al Jazeera show. He made a remark we are living with black people around us i.e. entire South. Already South Indian people have a bad feeling that they were not given much importance in the rule of the country and North is dominating over them. Recently several young leaders and actors from South commented any government (whether BJP or Congress) showing more partiality towards North. The inner feeling of the BJP member exposed through this comment. A comment from a ruling member of the BJP will definitely hurt the feeling of the people of South. What is your thought folks?
    Whether the people from North would agree or not, we the South Indians are being sidelined and treated badly when compared to projects and big largess announced by the central government. We are not concerned about the racist remarks made by BJP MP Tarun Vijay, but certainly we want to assert our equal rights on par with the development mooted in North. In Railways , we have been deprived of new projects since many years and mind it only SCR is giving handsome revenue to the Railways. That means earnings from us are being diverted to projects in North and we are denied even the basic small projects that were pending years together. The demand to make Vizag as the Railway zone is pending since many years and the Central government wont heed. Like wise the cauvery water dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu wont be solved at all. Why the center lethargic towards South ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The people of South India has a great role in the developing of India. We should not forget this. Regionalism is the biggest hinder in the democracy. It is not first time many times we hear this type of news.
    Ministers or politicians should think what they are going to say.

Honesty is the best policy.

He asked apology and felt also. Some times when thoughts are converted into words, there are some misinterpretation and he himself felt that in tweet and I too felt that it is not his intention. However, people like him when taking the audience of international level should think twice and utter safely without giving room to misinterpretation.

Let us forgive and forget.

Would like to give a quote here
    'The first to apologise is the bravest, the first to forgive is the strongest; the first to forget is the happiest'.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

South Indians are very docile. They respect other fellow members and they are good hosts. They put Countries interest prior to their interest. But nobody notices this. Again the reason is political. North India brings more MPs and MLAs. South India brings more revenue but less MPs and MLAs. So always irrespective of ruling party or opposition party, every one will keep South Indian interests only after north Indian interests.
    In every aspect this is seen. Not today, it is happening since independence. Many demands of us will go in vain. Even in dividing the AP into two states, the central government has done so many mistakes. Now both the states has to quarrel with each other to sort out these problems.
    But all big people of South India are keeping quite. Otherwise it will become a big issue and again division of country may come to fore front.

drrao
    always confident

Saroja's reply itself a great hint that how a south Indian think from their point of views. I have not heard his statement so I can't comment on it. But, If anyone have such feelings in their mind, I would ask them to first live one year in South India and then try to comment anything about them. As a North Indian, I have always had high regards for South India but when I got chance to live there, my regards for them even become more. May be it is my personal love for south India which is coming out in words but whatever I am saying because of my experience working with them.

Having heard our Prime Minister Shri Modi comparing Kerala to Somalia in one of his speeches during an election campaign in the State, I am not surprised by the view that has been expressed by an MP from his party and it cannot be disputed that his words are the result of a general impression carried by many from the North. But, as Saroja has rightly pointed out, we need to excuse the ignorance of the MP because he was trying to tackle a more difficult question that has international proportions and it was in his attempt to ease down the issue that he made this inappropriate comparison. With elections in some southern states round the corner, hope people will take note of the basic attitude of the NDA, especially because the Shiv Sena had risen under the patronage of Shri Bal Thackeray by making regional claims against Udupi hotels in Mumbai (then Bombay).
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance- George Bernard Shaw.

Sign In to post your comments