You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Should there be a regulatory authority to tow the authenticity of Whatsapp messages ?

We all know that the Whatsapp messages have become more popular and every cell phone user is connected with this social media and exchanging many news and videos on daily basis. But off late some starling news with videos are emanating through Whatsapp and the credentials of the same cannot be verified nor disputed. Some gullible people are morphing the images and tarnishing the images of the celebrities and also some messages are wrongly informing the people. So there is need for regulatory authority to tow the authenticity of whatsapp messages.
    I think there should be a regulatory body that monitors everything that is posted on the social media. I also think that there should be some rule on who can and cannot use this tool. There is too much information going around, most of it absurd and unsubstantiated. To top it the number of people who do not use their brains before sharing ridiculous information is also on the rise. I think the latter need to be restrained. They are to be blamed equally.

I fail to understand how gullible people can morph images. Can you please throw some light on this and enlighten a dimwitted person like me, who fails to make the connection.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

I think there should be a regulatory body to monitor the proceedings of the social media. Facebook is also very popular and whatsapp is very much popular. Every cell user is using whatsapp. Some people are having dedicated phones for whatsapp. Groups of whatsapp are increasing. Some new video comes in one group it will spread all over like a fire. No body thinks whether the information is correct or not. It is like a viral.

Another problem in facebook is hacking. There are people who are hacking our ID and password and sharing all bad and ugly photos and videos. This also should be controlled.

A regulatory body will be good.

drrao
    always confident

The other day I got the image of UP CM Yogi Adityanath donning the role of Chattarpathi Shivaji and being seated in his throne. That is clear cut morphing.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I understood the morphing bit. However, I fail to understand how gullible people are morphing the images. I do not see the connection.
    Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

I agree that there are so many idiotic message and videos which should have banned are running around in whatsapp. It is very difficult to stop such activity unless someone complaint. However, the best way to not to share such messages or videos which can trouble our society. I had a friend group and such videos used to come to me which should be avoid to share to keep peaceful atmosphere. One day, I called my friend and send him a strong message that please don't send such videos or message and asked him too to stop doing it. I don't know if he has stopped or not but I stopped getting such message and videos.

It is totally up to us. We should be responsible and think 100 times before sharing any message. Any message which I feel is going to send wrong message, die on my mobile.

I am also getting that ten rupee coins are going to be banned and not accepted in the shops. That is totally a baseless messages we are getting.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments