You must Sign In to post a response.
The message conveyed in this thread is marked as a hoax by the admin.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE : URGENT Turn off the phone

Received message tonight on my cell, make sure to turn off the phone, cellular, tablet, etc and put away from your body. Singapore television announced the news. Please tell you family and friends. Tonight 12;30 to 3:30 for our planet will be very high radiation. Cosmic rays will pass close to Earth. So please turn off your cell phone. Do not leave your device close to your body, it can cause you terrible damage. Check google and NASA, BBC news. Send this message to all the people who matter to you. This message is given as I received.

jenny
    A non-sense message, I should say. We are already suffering due to the hot summer this year. A cell phone cannot do any harm to us. Tomorrow is the New year day as per Tamil calendar. I am sure, nothing will go wrong if we keep our system ON from 1230 to 3.30 in the morning.
    No life without Sun ¤

Received another message; Posts about NASA BBC rumors cosmic rays from Mars on Journey to the Star.
    journeytothestars.wordpress. https://journeyto the stars.wordpress.com/tag/nasa-bbc-rumors-cosmic-rays-from-mars/
    sorry for the earlier one

We are discussing but not thinking that if we will close our mobile today. It will definetly enhance our immune system.relax our mind..will make mobile more durable.
    Beside wasting time on logical point we must think for our safety and other parametr.
    It will relax our body and other tissue.

If this was a real case, the information should have come well in advance to alert the public. Waking up at the last movement is believed to be a hoax. Nothing to worry. No harm to safety and security of the people residing on this good earth. It is a silent hour with no disturbance to the human being or animal being.
    No life without Sun ¤

As I know, this message has been circling around in whatsapp, Facebook and other social media since last few years. I have got it 5-6 times so far. Please note if this is an important information, our Government or the space research organizations would have issued an official statement. And more than the media would have mentioned it. So, you don't really need to care about the news coming in any social media just as forwarded message.
    Regards
    Rizwan

The social media is really used by unruly elements to spread rumors and create tremors among the public for non issues and thus every one keeps on alerting others and thus made fool of each other. In fact I never keep my phone switch off and it will be on every day and night and nothing has happened to it or me. So there is no truth in such rumors which are nothing to spread panic against public. May be this plot is to buy some radiation suits or devices which might have been produced by some foreign brands. We the public should not believe in such cheap messages and should not give credence.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

These messages are ridiculous and laughable. A person with average intelligence can easily understand that these messages are fake. Then why do people forward such obnoxious messages?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I just cannot understand as to how a content developer can raise such absurd and laughable messages in this forum and if we would have done the same the editors would have deleted the message immediately. Is the rule changed ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.