You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The living legend is celebrating his 98th birthday

He was born at Lyallpur in Pakistan in 1919 and joined Royal Air Force at a very young age. He displayed conspicious gallantry during 2nd World War and was awarded DSO. After independence, he was instrumental to develop Indian Air Force along with Air Marshal Subroto Mukherjee. He bacme India's Air Chief at an age of 45 and reamined as Chief from 1964 to 1969, first as Air Marshal and then as Air Chief Marshal. Even after his retirement, he continued contributing actively for the Air Force and its Officers & staff. For his ever-lasting contribution for the cause of Air Force, he has been conferred with the rank of Marshal of Air Force.

Marshal of the Air Force, Arjan Singh is celebrating his 98th birthday today. He stil stands ramrod-straight. Let us pay our respect to the great air warrior of India.
    He was not born in Pakistan. I disagree.

He was born in Lyallpur, Punjab Province in Britsih India. There was no Pakistan at that time. I am just being historically and factually correct.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Yes, I agree. Lyallpur was in undivided India. In Pakistan, the name of the place has been changed. It is now Faisalabad.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Great to know that Marshal of the Air Force, Arjan Singh is celebrating his 98th birthday today and that give one more reason for India to celebrate the great hero of that era who was instrumental in modernizing and developing the Indian Air force.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.