You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

Who could be the next President of India?

Who, in your opinion, could be the next President of India?

1. Mohan Bhagwat
    2. Lal Krishna Advani
    3. Murli Manohar Joshi
    4. Other
    The presidential election is not yet held. It is not even declared. So, nobody has filed nomination. Naturally there is no scope of speculation.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

If chocice is really like this as mentioned in the thread in that case I think
    Either L.K Advani or Murli Manohar joshi will become president of India.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

What I feel that Dr Subramanyam Swamy is the right choice at this juncture. Why because India is facing volatile situation with the Pakistan and other neighbors and we want a strong candidate as the next President. We know our PM Modi is the strong person at the position but at the same time he wants a formidable candidate as the President of India who can tow his idea. And we know Dr Subramanyam Swamy is the lawyer too and he is the Constitutional expert. So I strongly feel that he is the right candidate and India will surely emerge super power with him and Modi at the helm of affairs.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Ms. Draupadi Murmu, the present Governor of Jharkhand, is currently leading the race of becoming the President of India. The alternatives given in this thread do not include her name.

Seriouslly writing. The next President of India would be a South Indian. Mr. Karunanidhi a seasoned politician is the ideal choice to decorate this highest post. Though he is sick, he is expected to raise up and sit on this chair.
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Karunanidhi can't even stand. I met him in 2008, Even then he had to be carried on a wheel-chair. How can he salute the National Flag or stand for 53 seconds during playing of National Anthem?

Mr. Karunanidhi is still an MLA. Even at this age of 95, he commands his party. He writes, orates and speaks politics. Can't we sit and salute the national flag for 52 seconds (not 53 seconds). What is needed is the brain to think, not the legs to stand. It is the political experience that will call him a perfect President of India.
    No life without Sun ¤

Common Sun, those who hates Hindi all together cannot adorn the post of President of India. DMK party is dead against imposing Hindi in TN State and if Karunanidhi has given chance to become President, he wont talk even in English and thus his candidature may not be suitable. India needs a strong president and not patients. Our enemies are waiting for a opportunity to strike. A president is the supreme commander of armed forces too. So I am looking for strong candidate and as I told Subramanyam Swamy is the best bet and he goes well with even Congress leaders.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I feel Mr.Advani should be made next president. Mr.Advani is the senior Member of BJP. All members respect him. He lead the election from the front and made Mr. Vajpayee as the PM then. He had made a tour of India and spread the party wings. He encouraged Mr.Modi when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarath. He is the political mentor for MODI

He deserves this position. .

Mohan,
    A president is not the person who goes for war. He sits and signs and watches. The decision to fight against a country is decided by the PM and Ministers. President gives only a node to the deed. It is better to have a patient who is bold and brave than having a healthy president who cannot think well. Karunanidhi is not against Hindi. He doesn't want it to be forced. He is good at English too. Given a chance, he will blast you with his English. Never underestimate the power of Mr. Karunanidhi both personal and political.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: Karunanidhi is neither good in English nor good in Hindi. Moreover, he can't stand straight even for a single minute. He can't think coherently. What would he do after becoming the President?

Mr. Partha,
    Who is the president who was really a president and worked for the country? I would say NONE. It is a dummy post created for nothing. They cannot act on their own. They are obliged to accept what the ruling party says. A president works with tremendous pressure from the party in command. He is only a signing authority. That can be easily done by MR KKarunanidhi without knowing English or Hindi. .

No life without Sun ¤

So Mr. Sun, you want a detailed reply. During the first 15 years after independence, Dr. Rajendra Prasad and Dr. Radhakrishnan gave valuable advice and guidance to Mr. Nehru and his Cabinet. Not only that, these two great Presidents projected newly-independent India's image throughout the world. However, let us take the example of Fakruddin Ali Ahmed and Gyani Jail Singh. These two were real titular Presidents of Mrs. Indira Gandhi. They never botherd to raise their voice when emergency was declared (in 1975) and when anti-Sikh pogrom was going on (in 1984).

Now let us come to the power of the President as per the Constitution of India. Although the President exercises his/her power as per the advice of the Prime Minister, there are some situations when he/she has to take decision independently. As for example, if after the Lok Sabha election, no party/coalition gets clear majority, the President has to use his/her own discretion to call a party/leader to form Government. Secondly, a President can return a Bill or hold a Bill as per his own discretion. These two are very important aspects of Presidential power.

If a President can't take coherent decision due to his/her age or otherwise, should he/she be made President?

Partha,
    What you said are in the books. The initial presidents of India were good but with the PM and other able congress leaders. There are many interpreters and advisers to the president as to what a president should do and not do. Any one who is a president whether literate or illiterate will be able to perform the duty of President of India.

@ Mr Mohan,
    Are you alright? What is this 'Common Sun'. What do you mean by the word common? Please be sure of the words you use. You are trying to be the E of E. Your post needs good English, not a common man English.

No life without Sun ¤

I vote for, Mr. L K Advani should be made next president.
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Mr. Mohan
    Why are you silent? What happened to the 'Common Sun'?

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments