You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The writer of the writers

Literature is life. Life is literature. Every book we read, every movie we see is nothing but our lives represented in words or action. Everyone's life is a story. We are the hero of our story. Today's literature covers everything and anything but there was a time when such pious subject was chained with rules and regulations. The writers thought and strongly believed that only tragedy is the best form of dramas and only the stories of higher status men are eligible to be written. The common played the clown and was ridiculed. But then a man came who said 'All world's a stage and all men and women merely players.' He is not university scholar, but he is a scholar. He studied at the best school - the world. He studied humans and every work of him is a thesis on human psychology. He taught that even kings and queens can cry and also that even the common man like the grave diggers are capable of serious thoughts. For him everyone is important. May it be the prince or the clown, everyone has their share of play. He is the true humanist, a true scholar who proved that all that we need to survive in this world is not some degrees after our names but true passion towards the subject or the field we choose. It is said that Shakespeare sometimes wrote dramas over night and hastily that he forgot to give a title to them and the theatre managers are given chance to give the title they like. He never craved for fame but he is the god of literature. At least we can say -the god of English literature. If you want to learn human psychology no need run after some textbooks on psychology just take Shakespeare's dramas and you will find excellent depiction of different human traits. He was just like all other boys born in Stratford, Avon but rose the position of writer of the writers just with his talent. A heartfelt bow and salute to the poet, playwright, scholar, psychologist, rebel, humanist.... All in one on the eve of his anniversary. (23rdApril 1564 -1616)
    All Shakespeare fans and followers share your feelings.
    In response, I am herewith sharing my thread that was posted long back. I am a great fan of Shakespeare and I don't even know how many times I had read each of his work. I feel the characters in his plays are universal.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

What a lovely way to remember the ever great poet, play writer, great scholar, psychologist, rebel and above all a real humanist on his anniversary today.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments