You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Actor and politician Vinod Khanna is no more.

The handsome and charming man of 80s from Bollywood is taken his last breath today in a Mumbai Hospital today. Like many people, I am too shocked for this news. He was suffering from cancer and since many days he was in hospital. His last movie was with Shahrukh Khan in Dilwale which came in 2015.

Initially at his career, he started with negative roles but once he got famous in positive role, he never looked back. He has done many memorable movies one of was "Amar Akbar Anthony" was in which he acted with Rishi Kapoor and Amitabh.

He was later join the BJP and was MP from Gurdaspur constituency in Punjab.

He will always remembered for his mesmerising acting in the film industry.
    May his soul Rest In Peace.
    I was seeing a lot of Hindi mmovies during the period 1977 to 1981.
    In that period I viewed many films in which Vonod Khanna acted. Of course 'Amar Akbar Antony' is still fresh in my mind. Another one I immediately recall is 'Muqaddar ka sikandar' .

I also liked his general attitude after he joined politics.
    May his soul rest in peace.

Few days back when I received a whatsapp image about ailing Vinod Khanna, I was not believing that he was so weak in the photograph. Later I came to know that image was right and he was admitted to hospital in Mumbai by his family members and now I am learning from this post that he is no more. Surely he was the charming hero of those days and had his stint with Dharmendar and Amitabh. He was the non controversial actor and does not any gossip or issues so far. He was a BJP former MP and he was most admired by his followers. May his soul rest in peace.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Alas! We lost a good actor from the Hindi filmdom. A charming personality who played the character roles especially the villain roles. I cannot erase the name Vindod Khanna from my memory after Rajesh Khanna. He enjoyed his life as an actor and politician.
    May his good soul rest in peace.

No life without Sun ¤

A good Hindi actor is no more. A very good actor. I have seen many films he acted. I had a special liking for him. Muqaddar ka sikandar is one of the best films I have seen. May his soul rest in Peace.
    drrao
    always confident

The very fact that he could ensure a space in the Hindi film world though he had acted only in about hundred movies during his career spanning almost to fifty years establish him as an actor of great caliber. His charisma was almost unparalleled and he could mesmerize the audience with his screen presence. I have seen many of his movies but my favorites are Muqaddar ka Sikander, Qurbani, Amar Akbar Antony and The Burning Train. May his soul rest in peace!
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Further more, he was the only hero who became actual threat to Amitabh Bachchan stardom. Though, both they were never accepted that they were rival as media were trying to say. They always said that they were good competitor which was correct. However, when Vinod Khanna was on peak of his career, he joined the OSHO. He came back later but by then there were other actors who took his place. Nevertheless, his contribution to the Indian Cinema was always valuable like any other superstar during his time.

• Sign In to post your comments